M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
ONLY HAD ONE RACE SO FAR. SORRY TO POST BUT I GOT KILLED. WELL NOT KILLED BUT BEAT BY ABOUT 10 BIKE LENGTHS. IT WAS A KAWASAKI ZZR 600. WE TOOK OFF FROM A ROLLING START (BIG MISTAKE) ABOUT 30 MPH. HE WAS RIGHT IN HIS POWERBAND. HIS BIKE PULLED THE FRONT TIRE AND JUMPED ABOUT 2 BIKE LENGTHS AHEAD AND I COULD NEVER CATCH HIM. I TOOK MY 109 TO 110 MPH AND HE SAID HE HIT 140MPH. NEXT TIME I WILL RACE HIM FROM A DEAD STOP. I THINK THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO COMPETE AGAINST SPORT BIKES. BUT I WAS VERY IMPRESSED AT HOW WELL MY 109 DID. MY BIKE IS COMPLETLY STOCK. HIS BIKE WEIGHS ABOUT 380.LBS. AND CLAIMS IT HAS ABOUT 115 HP. BUT THE ''STYLE FACTOR'' OF MY 109 WINS ALL DAY!

·
Registered
181 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
Rule number one in racing. Make sure its something you can beat. LOL.
Ha Ha Ha. Good Rule.

I dusted my buddy on his Harley Fat Boy. I don't really feel that this would be something to brag about though as the bikes weigh about the same (?) and the motor in my 109 has the Fat Boy by about 700 cc's. But, I did have a little bit of fun talking smack after the run.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Rice Burner said:
Ha Ha Ha. Good Rule.

I dusted my buddy on his Harley Fat Boy. I don't really feel that this would be something to brag about though as the bikes weigh about the same (?) and the motor in my 109 has the Fat Boy by about 700 cc's. But, I did have a little bit of fun talking smack after the run.
1/4 mile, from a dead stop...I can probably dust your buddy on his Harley Fat Boy, and I'm on an 800cc cruiser.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
A little yellow bird.  It made the mistake about trying to fly in front of me the other day.  :yikes:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Medic1210 said:
A little yellow bird. It made the mistake about trying to fly in front of me the other day.  :yikes:
LOL! I was going to say that I've killed a ton of bugs with the headlight nacelle and my helmet! ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
A Porche Boxter lol...at the next light I just looked over and said, "You don't know a lot about bikes do you?" 8)

·
Registered
752 Posts
This is from a previous post.

I have a JSD-3 on and the intake mod. Those are the only performance mods so far.

I live about 10 miles from a pretty good sized university so I decide to head out tonight, find some university kids on their bikes and see what mine will do.

Long and short of it I raced 2 cars and 5 bikes.

Raced a mustang GT convert. The guy keeps revving at a light. It's him and his girl. So I look at them and say "are you serious?" the girl in the passenger seat looks at me and says "hey, this thing hauls a$%." So that race takes one second and the next light they won't look at me or talk to me. Funny.

Raced a Viper, wasn't that close, took him to 90 mph and slowed down.

Raced 2 crotch rockets, both 600's both 2 up. An F2 and a ZX-6. Took the F2 to 90 mph and slowed down, beat him pretty good. Took the ZX-6 to 115 mph and then he caught and passed me. If they weren't 2 up the ZX would probably of caught me around 100 mph.

Funniest was these 3 cruisers. They were together, a VTX 1300 a Mean Streak and a Warrior. First they were riding behind me and they came up next to me and asked me if it was a custom (it's totally debadged and the plate is cut and a few LEDs) I told them it was a Suzuki they kept asking about the tire and the intakes. The warrior asks if it's fast I say it's okay. We stop at a light and they want a go and I tell them I don't want to be embarrassed by a kid on a warrior. They hang with me and keep bugging me. They tell me that the Warrior is bad a$% and will kill the VTX and meanstreak. Finally at a light I tell them we can give it a go. Wasn't even close. Ate them in first and second just devoured them. So funny.

I am liking this bike more and more.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Only one serious race so far. The streets around here are filled with "street racing" honda civic types... so I went to where my son hangs out  and my own boy started trash talking his old mans cruiser. I just had to race, but we went out where nowbody could see me spank him.  His civic hatch is turbo charged so I gave him a headstart and a few seconds to build his boost.  Then I hit second and it was "bye bye". Funny I thought my son new better... at least now he does.  :D :joke:

·
Registered
752 Posts
To me a roll on is never desirable. It might prove the bikes mettle but it takes my skill out of the equation and I love testing my skill against another in a race.

·
Registered
817 Posts
On my God... more Harleys than I can count... couple of Warriors... one Night Rod...  a Dodge Viper, a Dodge Ram pickup with a Hemi. a Mustang GT... a few more than I'm forgetting.

The most fun was some Harley about 1 am... I beat this poor guy like a rented mule light-to-light about 5 times in a row... the sixth time I lift my visor and yell over "HAVEN'T YOU HAD ENOUGH???" He yells back "HELL NO!"  :a20: A total glutton for punishment, that guy.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Have you ever seen that video of a couple guys in a GMC pickup stalking hotrods around town with a video cam and dusting off sportcars? I think it had turbos or something, but looked completely stock. Hilarious. I propose we start doing the same thing. Go out cruising on whatever night cruise night is in your town, and start racing guys red light to red light. If you have someone to record it, fine, but otherwise, start posting results here. Nevermind the ones you lose as we all know a skilled dragger on a sportbike can win. I'm just talking about the fun of riding around wreaking havoc on all the egos. (this post is for entertainment purposes only and in no way advocates breaking the law or riding in an unsafe manner. Your results may vary.)

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Within 1 minute of each other I beat a guy on a harley softail and then a HD look a like (looked like a Fatboy but wasnt)

I was stopped at the light and the Harley pulls up in the lane on my left, he gives me a look and revs his bike
I give him the nod and when the light goes green I beat him by a few bike lengths to the next light. As I was approaching the next light
I see a bike in my lane so I move to the left lane (which is always proof you beat that guy if you take his lane) I am downshifting and braking hard to the light.
I can see the next guy sees me coming (nods over his shoulder) I barely stopped when the light goes green and then took that guy to the next light. I am not sure if either of them took it seriously but a win is a win.

I was surprised I won since I dont launch very well and weigh 375lbs :yikes: so ANY win is fun in my book. I have 2 other sport types try to get me going while we were already rolling... I am sure I would have lost those and didnt bite.

Sledzep

·
Registered
532 Posts
I don't know why, but nobody in San Diego seems to want to go. I did toy around with some kid on a 700 maxim yesterday though. He came up behind me on a little curvy mountain road and I let him pass. When we got into town and came to a light I pulled up beside him and asked him about his bike and told him that I used to ride one for about 12 years. So he smugly tells me "well then you must know that it hauls a**". So I just tell him yeah and let it go at that. So when we get to the next light I figure I'll show him what the 109 can do. We both jump on it and, even though the maxim is fairly quick for what it is, it is absolutely no contest. About a half mile up the road I slow down and let him pass me again. This time he wants to try to outrun me on top end I guess. We're doing about 100 or so around this small curve. When the road straightens out I go ahead and open up the throttle, and just thouroughly dust him again. I got to around 130 and slowed down, but I never saw him again. Not a big kill, but a kill nonetheless

·
Registered
35 Posts
raced buddies yzfr6, we both started in first I pulled five or six car lengths then backed off. Harley riders stray away when they see the back tire.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Has anyone actually raced a V-Rod, or ever owned one. What can I expect when the opportunity comes knocking? Man they sure are proud of those bikes and really hate on our new 9's :evil:

·
Registered
702 Posts
FatmotherM109 said:
Has anyone actually raced a V-Rod, or ever owned one. What can I expect when the opportunity comes knocking? Man they sure are proud of those bikes and really hate on our new 9's :evil:
I'd like some v-rod strategy too. There are 2 fairly new and really loud ones in my area.

I obliterated a hammer today. Simple stoplight and go. I waited until I was off the reflective strip and held the throttle open until I didnt seen him in my peripheral anymore. They are geared wrong I think. He was there until I got up into the higher rpms.....

G

·
Can I let you in on a little secret? The only reason that we went to Sturgis last year and again this year is to pick off the Brand X bikes. Do you know what its like to see thousands and thousands of them acting like they own the road? Trying to sneak up on our little group of 8 and see themselves get dusted in a matter of seconds. Or have our group come up over a hill and see a group of Brand X's way up ahead. We crank it up a notch and before you know it we are passing them and they are wondering where we came from. Too much fun.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts