Registered
1,637 Posts
Re: Legal fees

Our state hasn't had them for around 30yrs. :D

·
Registered
190 Posts

Always....just isn't worth the fine :cop: and they are only $10, but more of a pain in the a$$ to get. You know, anything having to do with the state takes a bloody hour when it should take 10 minutes!

·
Registered
4,103 Posts

if I do have one it get carried on all my bikes, there is no info on it specifying anything about the particuliar bike! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
721 Posts

steve j said:
if I do have one it get carried on all my bikes, there is no info on it specifying anything about the particuliar bike! :bigthumbsup:
Sorry.... But your VIN (easliy seen) and my computer will tell me everything I want to know about your bike.
And about you!! : )

·
Registered
2,624 Posts

Mine has never been looked at.

My CBR1000F was inspected once in 13 years. The shop put the sticker so far under the fairing that you would need a flashlight and telescope to read it anyway. Plus it went through countless road block checks during that time.

If the bike is sharpe and doesn't look like a 2 wheel moving violation in progress. You should be ok..
The main purpose for the inspection is for emissions. They don't test emissions on bikes in N.C.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts

Missouri requires a safety inspection before they will issue a license sticker, either 1yr or 2yr. You also have to have a paid personal property receipt & proof of insurance. :doorag:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts

Texas never cross references anything to the inspection sticker thats why there is no bike info on it. unlike the registration or plate number which brings up all kinds of goodies. I have been pulled over with and without a sticker and most times they never notice it's not there and when they do ask I usually have a current one from one of my other bikes in the tool kit/storage area on a piece of metal and just hand it to them they do not run it like they do registration. never have had to pay a fine for it not being displayed (I tell them it fell off or keeps getting stolen) or not having one.

·
Registered
166 Posts

None, zero, zip, nada here in MN

1 - 19 of 19 Posts