M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody had any problems with their legs getting numb while riding? After riding for about an hour my left leg get sort of numb it seems like the seat digs into my left leg pinching a nerve. Its not severe just enough to notice and a bit of discomfort. I shift a bit and Im good for a while. Im thinking the seat just needs to be broken in. Anyone else experience this??... and if so did it go away?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
5' 6"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
Mate after riding a Busa for 4 years this bike gives me no pain what so ever I spent 9 hours on it last Sunday and I was ready to go for another 9 maybe it is like you said the seat needs breaking in Hope it all works out for you
 
G

·
I was feeling the same thing I am 6'2 with a 32 in inseam, I had my seat cut down an inch and back an inch and the problem is gone. And yes I am a short legged fat F!#$ F*@# so what about it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
750 Posts
No problem here. Usually when I am going slow enough I will extend my legs over the pegs and stretch them out a bit. :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,637 Posts
raw_taz said:
I was feeling the same thing I am 6'2 with a 32 in inseam, And yes I am a short legged fat F!#$ F*@# so what about it.
I know what you mean........6'1' with a 30" inseam here. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,579 Posts
Do you carry and ride with a wallet in your back pocket on the affected side? If so, you may be experiencing sciatica where the sciatic nerve gets compressed. This is usually associated with pain also, so if you aren't having pain you may need to look at something like peripheral vascular disease. How old are you? If you are young, I would lean more towards the pinched nerve (most likely not the seat, but prior injury). If you are up in the years a bit, maybe have high cholesterol or diabetes then you are possibly looking at a medical condition. Get a thorough physical. If you experience this numbness any other times, maybe request to have an angiogram done to check peripheral circulation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,046 Posts
Medic1210 said:
Do you carry and ride with a wallet in your back pocket on the affected side? If so, you may be experiencing sciatica where the sciatic nerve gets compressed. This is usually associated with pain also, so if you aren't having pain you may need to look at something like peripheral vascular disease. How old are you? If you are young, I would lean more towards the pinched nerve (most likely not the seat, but prior injury). If you are up in the years a bit, maybe have high cholesterol or diabetes then you are possibly looking at a medical condition. Get a thorough physical. If you experience this numbness any other times, maybe request to have an angiogram done to check peripheral circulation.
Like his name says....Medic!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Medic1210 said:
Do you carry and ride with a wallet in your back pocket on the affected side? If so, you may be experiencing sciatica where the sciatic nerve gets compressed. This is usually associated with pain also, so if you aren't having pain you may need to look at something like peripheral vascular disease. How old are you? If you are young, I would lean more towards the pinched nerve (most likely not the seat, but prior injury). If you are up in the years a bit, maybe have high cholesterol or diabetes then you are possibly looking at a medical condition. Get a thorough physical. If you experience this numbness any other times, maybe request to have an angiogram done to check peripheral circulation.
Im 29 and just had a full physical 6 months ago and all was good. I am thinking its because of my short legs and the seat is digging into my leg (where my leg meets my azz) I may have to shave my seat a bit like Raw_taz. I have been riding for 10 years yamaha r6 since 2000, dirtbikes, seca II, and this was never an issue. I don't think its medical. Maybe the word numb was an over statement, my leg isn't falling a sleep its more of just a discomfort in my leg/buttocks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,579 Posts
SoSick said:
I am thinking its because of my short legs and the seat is digging into my leg (where my leg meets my azz)
Quite possible. I'm 5' 11" and have a pretty short inseam of 30" and I don't have this issue. I've logged over 2000 miles on my 109 in just over a month. I notice the seat feels wide right at the tank against my inner thighs but I haven't noticed any discomfort from this. Hope you get it figured out though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My butt/leg is better now I think I just had to adjust to the bike. 278 miles so far had the bike for 5 days and I absolutely love it! :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,102 Posts
i'm personaly waiting for the gel seat, which one member said he just received. just waiting for a few reviews. :bigthumbsup:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top