M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my bike this morning and I did here alittle unusual sound coming from the bike, it was cool so maybe just cold. It started fine with no issues. About a mile down the road it suddenly felt like it got a bad exhaust leak and it died out. I tried starting it again and it sounded the same but with gas smell like it was flooding out. I did get extended warranty, but I just want to be sure that I maybe able to fix it at home. I rode it yesterday no issues, I put gas at the same place since I bought it. For you mechanical geniuses the sound comes from the front portion of the motor. FYI, no FI light came on and it cycles normal when key is turned on.....THIS SUCKS!!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, no fi controller. pretty much basic MODS, Ducks covers and Scorpion tips. I kept it pretty simple

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,078 Posts
How many miles? It sounds a lot like your fuel filter is plugged. They seem to go all at once.

And with both the scorpion tips and Ducks modded air cleaner you really should consider adding a fuel manager to it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have about 13,000 miles on it, when it was on it makes alot of racket

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got a call from the dealership this afternoon and they told me that it sounds like a bad exhaust leak... but it seems to noise to just being that. If that is all I would be happy....we shall see!!:pray:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Ok, no fi controller. pretty much basic MODS, Ducks covers and Scorpion tips. I kept it pretty simple
With the mods you are running you better get you a FI controller any time you do an air cleaner mod the controller is a must do.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, but I never had any indication that one was needed it never backfired or ran any different. It always ran great...till now:'(

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry for not closing this out, I have been out of town. Ok, I am not mechanically savvy so bear with my ignorance:dontknow:. The mechanic said that a tube going to the front part of the engine came undone, this helps with the compression....thus causing a huge lose of power. I wish I could explain it better, but again I am restricted by mechanical ignorance. The end result is my 9 is running like a champ again:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Sorry for not closing this out, I have been out of town. Ok, I am not mechanically savvy so bear with my ignorance:dontknow:. The mechanic said that a tube going to the front part of the engine came undone, this helps with the compression....thus causing a huge lose of power. I wish I could explain it better, but again I am restricted by mechanical ignorance. The end result is my 9 is running like a champ again:bigthumbsup:
The intake manifold?????

I guess if it was a massive vacuum leak it could cause what you are saying although I wouldnt expect to smell gas. Glad she's good as new!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts