M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading the sunday paper this morning about a motorcyclist that was left for dead brought to light the many dangers of riding.This person had 40 years of riding experience and was traveling in the early morning hours of oct 25th. His neck was broken and his knee was torn so badly that the joint was exposed and only one person stopped to help.Nobody slowed down. nobody stopped. One guy stopped after he hit some debris and almost lost control of his truck he got out and removed the debris and drove away.Thank god for the lady who pulled him off of the road so no one else would run him over.They still never caught the cager who did this.its sad to say.So keep it in mind and be safe and enjoy riding.

·
Registered
775 Posts
i agree that that situation is horrible. i can honestly say that one benifit of the area i live in is that of people to be very conciencious of others. we still have cager/biker accidents. but i would be very shocked to see anyone around here just drive by without offering help. and no i'm not being niave. when i layed down my shadow just over a year ago, it seemed like i hadn't completely stopped moving before 3 people had their hands on me telling me to lay still and stay calm. before the cops and ambulance arrived, their were about 5 other cars stopped and trying to help. i know that i am actually just lucky to live in an area like this. but i am also very glad that i do.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
that's absolutely terrible. and, also very embarrassing that so many people would act that way.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Any one doesnt stop for anybody in that case should be SHOT
. That pisses me off, what if it was someone they loved? I just can understand how what they are doing is more important than someone life.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Wow and I thought washington was bad, we have more riders so someone will stop if they know of a rider or if they ride themselfs. If they don't then..... Hope your not hurt to bad it might take some time for help ::) :realmad:

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
it is sad that happen but also we have so many people out there that are very shady that people are afraid to stop due to they feel they will be the victim but i agree i always try to stop for a bike at lease due to you never know if it will be you i hope the guy gets better and it sucks that it happen and if i was him that lady earn several dinners..........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts