M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had originally blue led's on my bike, but due to some crappy wiring and changing the paint i had ripped them all out. i was never really happy wiht them. fast forward this year at americade seeing local boully and haywoods bikes lit up i was green with envy. i knew i had to do them again. i first did a 120 joe florida kit in amber. hohum not nearly enough on our bikes. of course during the install i set fire to my remote. so i order another 180 kit with remote. i like the 180 kit much better he put quick connects on the strips also ordered his remote which is very similar to the black magic remote. the fobs with his remote are much nicer for half the price! heres a quick youtube clip

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
Looks good. I'm gonna get the 180 kit at least but going w/ multi colored lights

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
honestly to do it up well do 2 180 kits u can make the tank ones shorter than he suggests and then use the leftover for more in the wheels. im not happy with the ones under the dash or rear cowl. i may take them out from the dash and light the radiator instead. on urs pynikal it would look real hot with silver paint taking in some of the color

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah really 2 kits is way to go, although we got a member here tugboat may be able to hook u up also. hes running 400 i believe. on a side note blue seems to be the peoples choice. i was parked next to local boully both of us lit up in lake george. you would think the thing was 100k custom with all the people taking pics and admireing it

·
Registered
262 Posts
looks good bro...always liked the amber but it only looks good on certain colors.

and there are a total of 754 lights total on my bike....just sayin...:D

windycityrider has a ton more than me and his is sick!!! if im not mistaken he has upwards of 1500 total. :eek:

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Jumper cables? Anyone? Jumper cables?:D

Jeez Mike, ya got enuff lights on that thing? The amber looks great with the custom paint. Niiiice! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jeez u know what i never did find out why it wouldnt start that day. im jsut trying to keep up with the haywoods and boullys. i showed dale the headlight the other night. u may need to copy it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
with a 120 kit and a 180 kit your only pulling 2.3 amps...

even over a 24 hour period you souldnt pull enuf amperage to kill your battery.

looks good dewd....lovin the headlight!:D

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh that day was just had 120 in and was only on for a few minutes. i couldnt get the bike started, it was throwing fi codes. twins played with the power commander and luckily whatever he did worked and was good day of rideing the headlight was easy ive seen a few done just jame a strip between the headlight lens and nacelle on top of the lens. of course u have to take the nacelle apart and an extra set of hands would be good.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Looks good!! Why didn't I get to see any of this in person? I didn't know you had it lit up like that. You will need 10,000 LED's to keep up with a blue LE!!:D

·
Registered
159 Posts
looks great. I have blue on mine, the silver really looks good with the lights on. I will get some pics and post soon.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
honestly big i was afraid to turn them back on that day lol plus in daylight cant see them really anyway. the blue led's on the blue le look really nice

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
looks good bro...always liked the amber but it only looks good on certain colors.

and there are a total of 754 lights total on my bike....just sayin...:D

windycityrider has a ton more than me and his is sick!!! if im not mistaken he has upwards of 1500 total. :eek:
good guess sean, you're in the ballpark. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

with a 120 kit and a 180 kit your only pulling 2.3 amps...

even over a 24 hour period you souldnt pull enuf amperage to kill your battery.

looks good dewd....lovin the headlight!:D
:agree: i have mine hooked up to the gbat charger whenever i am not riding it. i tested it out at home by taking it off charger and leaving the led's on to see how long it could be lit up without being able to start it. after 6 hours, i decided that was long enough for me. i don't see my led's being on for any longer period of time than that without the bike being started and driven somewhere. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts