M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
G

·
Looks great. Why did it take so long and where did you put the switch? I particularly like the lights in the wheels. Where did you mount them to get that effect?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
looks nice man. nice work. i've got a set waiting to be installed in the garage. they are waiting there because i know it will take a long time to "do it right".

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
toneout said:
Looks great. Why did it take so long and where did you put the switch? I particularly like the lights in the wheels. Where did you mount them to get that effect?
I soldered each connection and put heat shrink on each. The 3-way split at the front took me a while. I ran wires down the inside of both front brake lines. You really have to look for the wires. The front wheel has one light pointing forward and one light pointing back... on each side.

The back wheel just has one LED mounted behind the side reflector on each side. I put one up under the license plate mount to light up the tire from behind.

I put the switch on the ignition. I'll shoot some pics of it today.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
INTREPER said:
VEry very cool!
Wanna help me do mine :D
If you're in Kansas City... I'd be glad to assist... you supply the Bud Light. :doorag:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Any info on the legality of these things... namely the blue ones? I know it will vary from state to state, so is there a place that would give the law for a specific state. I have a friend that went to Bike Week at Myrtle Beach and he couldn't turn his lights on. He was running red/white/blue lights. Cops told him he couldn't turn them on while riding. I think he could turn them on when parked though.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think the laws vary... I've had a few cops look at mine and tell me that the LEDs are hidden enough and only the glow shows from front and back... so they are legal in Kansas...

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I think I'm gonna go with the purple. Anybody done purple lights on their black bike? I have also seen some guys with white lights on their bikes.... really makes the chrome shine at night.

·
Registered
572 Posts
ELECTRICZ28 said:
Hey Ben I think a local 109R name Moto has the Lizard lights on his M.
Sweet, one day, all of us should get together, and help each other out on mods... (especially us new guys)

Crap, I'll even bring enough beer to keep us all happy...

:)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts