M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the single LED's made by Nitro? They each have their own resistor and can be wired together. I am using 11 of them, they are rated for 6-16v DC. I am using a switch and wiring the directly to the battery but here is the deal, I need to get 12v or so to each of them, I want to run them in series to avoid the use of an extra wire when running parallel. The way I figure it, I am going to need a dc-dc step up transformer to do it. I need to produce 110-130v dc to run the series. Anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
You can also run multiple LED's in parallel with only 1 power lead, you just ground each one individually and splice into the single power line. That way if they all go to ground seperately its a parallel circuit. Would require some soldering and heat shrinking to make it sound, but its pretty easy to do and would save you having to generate a very unsafe DC voltage on your bike.

Just my 2 cents

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.