M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a damaged rear turn signal and am having a hard time findng a replacement. If I can't find one I was thinking about going with the LED turn signal strip like sold by RAW and DLP. Any positives or nrgatives? Brands I should look for? Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I have the Raw one in yellow with the brake light in the middle sitting in my garage waiting for installation. When I finally do that, I should have a pair of rear blinkers. I'm actually toying with the idea of putting strips under the rear cowl and hooking them up as turn signals too. Just wonder how it'd look to see red & yellow flashing from the rear.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Actually, I was thinking of getting an LED strip in Red under the cowl and hooking it up to my brake wire so it only comes on when brakes are engaged. ANyone else done this? Anything to increase rear visability would be valued!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm also considering the same mod....

Feedback??? :pop:

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Actually, I was thinking of getting an LED strip in Red under the cowl and hooking it up to my brake wire so it only comes on when brakes are engaged. ANyone else done this? Anything to increase rear visability would be valued!
PM me and I can give you some info. Not all LED's are the same and some are brighter than others. The brand that is used by Raw Designs on their stealth rear turn signals are Radiantz brand led's. Trust me when I tell you that buying that brand, and only that brand, for your intended use is highly recommended. There are different ways you can configure your turn signals, rear brake, and running lights to work. Feel free to PM and I can help you through it.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought you were just looking for the lens? There under $22 on line.
:bow: Where Ryno? I would love to save this money for a different mod!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts