M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddies m109 that I am trying to figure out an electrical gremlin on. Heres what its doing: First off let me tell you his Tail light set up, He has a 2 sets of the Radiantz flexible led's he has the raw design set up mounted under the rear fender and another set mounted where the seat/cowl mount up to the rear fender. Here is what its doing When all four lights are hooked up the lights wont work, but if you unhook one side(right or left) and hit the turn signal the side thats hooked up works fine but if you plug in the other set of signals(right or left), they stop working completely even the front signals wont work. Not sure what it is! :dontknow: anybody have any ideas.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Carlos .. more info needed as in are you always trying by connecting both sets (under cowl and under fender?) also where are u tapping into.. existing Turn signal wires?

I would try Process of elimination.. first start with just stock and make sure all is working well.. then just connect one side and test.. then try adding another light (opposite side) and see if it works. Also not sure with those lights but make sure polarity (+ / - ) is correct.

good luck

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Carlos .. more info needed as in are you always trying by connecting both sets (under cowl and under fender?) also where are u tapping into.. existing Turn signal wires?

I would try Process of elimination.. first start with just stock and make sure all is working well.. then just connect one side and test.. then try adding another light (opposite side) and see if it works. Also not sure with those lights but make sure polarity (+ / - ) is correct.

good luck
Tapped into the existing turn signal wires, I didn't wire them up someone else did, Im going behind somebody else work trying to figure it out. I will probably just rewire everything and start from scratch. Its just weird how it works if only one side is connected but stops when the other is plugged into its connector.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Make sure the ends do not touch each other. If thet are like mine they are trimable( cut to length) the ends if touching will ground the other out. Make sence ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just replaced my front and rear lights...FYI, each works independently of the others. That is, if you unplug 1...all the others still function correctly. Hopefully that will help in eliminating where wires are crossed, etc.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Also, FYI, LED's only work one way. YOu can't switch positive and negative wires. I'm not saying that you are, but perhaps whoever wired them up before you has one set wired up correctly, and the other set wired reversed, shorting out the whole thing.

-Josh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts