M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those people that have added LED turn signals. Did the flash rate stay the same or does it flash fast? I'm intrested in changing them but I'm trying to get any needed info.

Thanks. :D

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i'll let ya know this weekend. i've got the LED's, but haven't installed them yet. i know there's a special resistor you can buy to keep them from flashing fast like that.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey guys, I just installed one of thse load equalizers. The 4 amp module. But for some reason, it's not making my signals blink slower. It has no effect. I've double an tripple checked my connections and im getting power to the module as described by the instructions, but still have the quick blink. Anyone have any ideas as to why this might be happening?

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I've been burnt on the load equalizer thing too. If you know where the signal fasher is and it is of similiar design (same number of prongs) as an automotive type flasher all you will need is an electronic type flasher from Auto Zone for about $15. it does not operate off of load but timing and will fash steady normal speed no matter what you have out ther for turn signals.

·
Registered
87 Posts
steve j said:
I've been burnt on the load equalizer thing too. If you know where the signal fasher is and it is of similiar design (same number of prongs) as an automotive type flasher all you will need is an electronic type flasher from Auto Zone for about $15. it does not operate off of load but timing and will fash steady normal speed no matter what you have out ther for turn signals.
That's funny. Everyone keeps talking about changing the flasher, but no ones actually done it :confused: :eek:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Suzuki has fit an oddball combo turn signal/sidestand relay into one unit so replacement with another flasher seems kinda fruitless. just got the service manual the other day and had to check that out first.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts