M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at putting LED's under the tank. Where are you guys wiring them in? Do you guys bother with an on/off switch? Thanks, Aaron.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I installed some under the tank and wired them to a remote control sold by Custom Dynamics. It had multiple settings to make them blink, glow, pulse, etc etc etc.. Pretty cool.

I would wire in a switch and fuse just to be safe..

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
i would go with either a on/off switch or better yet a remote. you don't want them running all the time.

·
Registered
918 Posts
led

yea i would at least put an on off switch, i put mine on the bottom of the side cover out of site but easy to reach going down the road.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just got done working on my led kit from Custom Dynamics. It came with a on/off switch but I also purchased the simple remote. I dont think Im going to installthe remote if your interested let me know.

·
Registered
262 Posts
you will need a switch or remote of some sort for sure.

run everything to the battery box and go from there. i would try to tap into any existing wiring if that was a thought for you.

battery=fuse=switch/remote=lights

if you need a simple schematic PM me and let me know. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, LED's wired in, no switch. They look awesome, gotta add some more. BTW they're red. Owned the bike for 2.5 months, but was away for 2 months. Mods so far: De beavered, de badged, poor mans chrome grill, cobra floor boards for the wife, LED's under the tank.....and I'm hooked on mods. I'll be adding the switch soon. And I'll take the schematic if available. Thanks!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Got my LEDs from Dinotronic.com.au
Controller hooked up to light switch, remote and brake pedal.
Can be switched on/off with remote or highbeam switch(short burst)
LED pattern can be changed with remote or higbeam switch(2 short burst)
All the red LEDs come on when you hit the brakes
and best of all after turning the ignition off the LEDs turn themselfs off after about 20min. (so it looks cool after you park the bike, but you still can start it when you come back!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts