M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
I bought the same light in blue and thought the same thing. I don't know what the yellow is for but if your going to use the light for the knight rider function you don't need it.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Scotty It is for the antenna so your remote will work ! Also found out what net position on vehicle is ... In plano english it means in FRONT . Post some pic's when your done !

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scotty It is for the antenna so your remote will work ! Also found out what net position on vehicle is ... In plano english it means in FRONT . Post some pic's when your done !
nah the other black wire at the other end is the Aerial

there is red black yellow and black again for aerial...yellow is for accessories apparantly

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yellow is fit to brake light + wire.

You can make a test. Red power wire + yellow wire together in the battery + . That is flash mode when you braking.
this is the way i did it.

black is Negative earth .

join both red and yellow together and solder them to the brake light wire.

flashes about 8 times quick then stays on when you apply the brakes.

thats only for a brake light.

·
Registered
128 Posts
knight rider

Thanks Bro... I am sorry I did not get the unit from your company, but I will try the install today or tomorrow.

crossq :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Wires

Mine came with a Red and Black wire but also came with these wires. Are these for the turn signals??

If so, any idea how to hook them up??

Thanks.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine came with a Red and Black wire but also came with these wires. Are these for the turn signals??

If so, any idea how to hook them up??

Thanks.
WTF where did you get your light from? never seen those colour wires.

cant imagine hooking blinkers to the brake lights.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Wires

WTF where did you get your light from? never seen those colour wires.

cant imagine hooking blinkers to the brake lights.
Got it off ebay like everyone else. Rainey answered a PM and said the yellow goes to the taillight and basically forget the rest. I messed around with them and didn't like anything they did so I just left that whole harness off. I added an on/off switch and hooked up to the battery so they can operate without the ignition on.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I kniw its an old thread but I think I may have the same led unit with the 3 wires red,black,yellow

Can these just be connected to battery terminal or will they get to hot? I tested on battery and work but for install I want peace of mind,
I want it to work off remote and brake is this possible also if so, were do I join the wires to?
Be a lot easier if I new which wire did what on the connector plug under the seat if I can connect to that would save me taking off the rear to access the taillight there a few odd colours in that conector plug anyone know the answer to my probably dumb question

·
Registered
142 Posts
black- battery negative (-)
red- battery positive (+)
yellow- brake light (+)

**Then if you open up the little black control box and look where those wires plug in, you will see 2 other places where wire could be plugged in. You can solder wires to those places and hook up to the positive side of the turn signals. Then you will have turn signal function, brake light function, and the knight rider function.**

·
Registered
102 Posts
black- battery negative (-)
red- battery positive (+)
yellow- brake light (+)

**Then if you open up the little black control box and look where those wires plug in, you will see 2 other places where wire could be plugged in. You can solder wires to those places and hook up to the positive side of the turn signals. Then you will have turn signal function, brake light function, and the knight rider function.**
Thanks man, off hand do you know which is the brake + wire? What colour it is I want to wire it into the connector plug under the seat not near the tail light if possible

1 - 14 of 14 Posts