M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Looking to install LED lights on my red 109. Can't decide what color to choose red or blue. Anyone know of a shop in south florida that has them on display. I tried (JoeFlorida lights but had no luck).

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
4,963 Posts
Either light is a good choice, it's all about what you like bot colors are brite and cool but only you can say which one you like the best.

I have lights that have 7 diferent colors but I still seem to run thr redthe most, but thats just my opinion. :dontknow: But a well lit bike Rocks. :congrats:

·
Registered
462 Posts
I am in Florida and both blue and red are not allowed. You will get pulled over and ticketed for riding with them on you bike. I have green and have had no problems.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am in Florida and both blue and red are not allowed. You will get pulled over and ticketed for riding with them on you bike. I have green and have had no problems.
I thought red & blue were ok as long as they're not strobing. Maybe I should go white. I'll have to research further. Thanks for the headsup.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I thought red & blue were ok as long as they're not strobing. Maybe I should go white. I'll have to research further. Thanks for the headsup.
In most states it is illegal if the red or blue are visible from the front of the vehicle. Some states are even more strict and make a fuss over blue and red that are visible besides tailights. With your red bike I would recommend red and possibly even some white thrown in around the fenders to make your wheels POP.

·
Registered
159 Posts
As a former cop in Florida, blue lights are not allowed anywhere on a vehicle, red can be used if facing rear and not strobing. Unless they have changed the law since 2004. Send a message to motor1, he would know the law in Florida. Each state is different, here in SC, both are okay as long as they can't be seen from the front and aren't strobing or flashing.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Maryland law is no blue at all, red facing rear only, any other ok as long as it is not strobing or flashing. I heard Virginia did not allow led lights on at all.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Maryland law is no blue at all, red facing rear only, any other ok as long as it is not strobing or flashing. I heard Virginia did not allow led lights on at all.
Virginia seems to be one of the most strict states on most everything related to vehicle modifications.......besides Kal-ee-fawn-eee-a.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess it depends on the cop that pulls you over. So I'm going with white lights on the wheels and red on the engine.

The 2006 Florida Statutes

Title XXIII
MOTOR VEHICLESChapter 316
STATE UNIFORM TRAFFIC CONTROLView Entire Chapter
316.2397 Certain lights prohibited; exceptions.--
(1) No person shall drive or move or cause to be moved any vehicle or equipment upon any highway within this state with any lamp or device thereon showing or displaying a red or blue light visible from directly in front thereof except for certain vehicles hereinafter provided.
(2) It is expressly prohibited for any vehicle or equipment, except police vehicles, to show or display blue lights. However, vehicles owned, operated, or leased by the Department of Corrections may show or display blue lights when responding to emergencies.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/In_Florid...cle_with_blue_LED_accent_lights#ixzz1BhqjJ2kB

·
Registered
838 Posts
I guess it depends on the cop that pulls you over. So I'm going with white lights on the wheels and red on the engine.

The 2006 Florida Statutes

Title XXIII
MOTOR VEHICLESChapter 316
STATE UNIFORM TRAFFIC CONTROLView Entire Chapter
316.2397 Certain lights prohibited; exceptions.--
(1) No person shall drive or move or cause to be moved any vehicle or equipment upon any highway within this state with any lamp or device thereon showing or displaying a red or blue light visible from directly in front thereof except for certain vehicles hereinafter provided.
(2) It is expressly prohibited for any vehicle or equipment, except police vehicles, to show or display blue lights. However, vehicles owned, operated, or leased by the Department of Corrections may show or display blue lights when responding to emergencies.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/In_Florid...cle_with_blue_LED_accent_lights#ixzz1BhqjJ2kB
I wish these things were written in Lamens Term.
no red or blue lights on your vehicle if they can be seen directly from the front.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wouldn't buy a set with just one color. The price is not that much more for a 7 color set. This way you can change colors depending on which state you are currently in. Unless you never plan on leaving your home state for any events.:cop:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts