M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I have been reading posts here and everywhere for days looking for good info on LED kits for the M109R. I am getting more confused teh more I read. :dontknow:

I can see me lighting up the engine, under front nacelle, and rear wheel. I just want to do an on/off switch. No remote, no pulsing and flashing. Joe Florida Kits look nice but seem over priced. For those that have done LEDs, is there a good all-in-one kit or should I just buy indiv pods or strips? Lastly, What mounting locations with what type of led gets the best bang-for-the-buck? In other words, should I just use pods over the cylinder heads or long strips running all along the rail under the gas tank? Suggestions on where and how to mount the on/off switch?

Any input would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I got individual led strips and married the wires. went to radio shack and bought a small toggle ($3-$5) mounted the switch in the left side plastic. Turn it on/off any time I want.
Got my strips at Advanced Auto or Auto Zone (ones higher priced than the other) Looking to add more early next year :drool:

·
Registered
262 Posts
I personally would do strips....you get the best glow for your cash.....PM me with exactly what your looking for and ill see what I have in stock. I carry lots of lights and can walk you thru the install if need be.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
At the ralley on the river last year. I had LED lights installed on my 109. I think it was 10 or 12 pods all over hidden,Remote for about $ 400,00. It was cool at the time. But after thought about it . It was not that bright kind of a crapy install. Then I found them 48 led strips any color for 99cents on E bay. and a roll of 3M double stick tape. Now every body asking my secret at bike night, only good part with the install was the remote. Do it your self or have tug boat assist you. You can get by cheap.
Good luck Bro
Dam Guy

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I got a combination from Joe's Florida and two strips from Advance Auto Parts to illuminate underneath the tank.
I'm happy with the result. BTW, I just installed a knight rider on the back and it looks awesome!
Good luck!

·
Registered
766 Posts
I recommend tugboat's kit. I installed mine and am very happy. Everything comes in the kit. And plan to install a knight rider soon...

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
i would suggest getting in touch with tougboat (sean).
he is a very nice guy who also knows about how and what to use in order to get the best effect.
i would also recommend using flexi strips as opposed to pods. the strips will give you a much better and even glow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts