M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any installation instructions for installing LEDs on a M109? i have the LEDs, wires and the switch. I know where I want to place the lights (under tank to light engine), just need to know where to tap into a power source and what fuses to use.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
159 Posts
LEDs

Mike,

if you look behing the side cover on the left side (the one with the key for your seat) there is a plug that is not being used, it has an orange wire. That wire is key power, also turns off if you place your kill switch (right handle bar) in the stop position. That is what I used for my driving lights. With LEDs you shouldn't need to use a fuse, they draw very little current. I am about to add some to my bike as well. Last night I de-beavered it and added LED turn signals. It is HOT!!! Let me know if you need any more info, and let me know how it turns out.

Dave

·
Registered
262 Posts
Anyone have any installation instructions for installing LEDs on a M109? i have the LEDs, wires and the switch. I know where I want to place the lights (under tank to light engine), just need to know where to tap into a power source and what fuses to use.

Thanks,
Mike
why didnt you just ask me bro???

as far as power, come off the battery (positive side) to the fuse (3amp is more than you"ll need) then go thru the switch then to the light. I have a schematic if you need one. simple to do.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why didnt you just ask me bro???

as far as power, come off the battery (positive side) to the fuse (3amp is more than you"ll need) then go thru the switch then to the light. I have a schematic if you need one. simple to do.
Sorry Sean,:-\

You sold me the lights, I should have just called you. Send me the schematic.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
430 Posts
Mike,

if you look behing the side cover on the left side (the one with the key for your seat) there is a plug that is not being used, it has an orange wire. That wire is key power, also turns off if you place your kill switch (right handle bar) in the stop position. That is what I used for my driving lights. With LEDs you shouldn't need to use a fuse, they draw very little current. I am about to add some to my bike as well. Last night I de-beavered it and added LED turn signals. It is HOT!!! Let me know if you need any more info, and let me know how it turns out.

Dave
If I understand you correctly, you're saying that this orange wire is ONLY ENERGIZED when the key is turned on? And this isn't being used? what was it intended for? Or was Suzuki just being nice and giving us an alternative ignition power source?

I want to wire up the power to my GPS unit and will have to install a relay, but if this line or source of power is available, Ill use that instead!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
i didnt know that either....hmmm......got me thinkin now.

cant get out there to open her up right now to find out but when we get back I'm tearing her down to see!!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Mike,

Dave
why wouldn't you use a fuse...it doesn't matter how little current the led's draw, if you have a wire get pinched or something you could wind up with a problem. for as much as a two or three amp fuse costs just go ahead and install it.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Mike,

Dave
Is this wire hot all the time or just when the key is in the on position?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts