M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading out tomorrow for Helen, GA, can't wait, the heat isn't as bad as it has been but I am ready for some cooler weather and some hills and curves!

·
Registered
890 Posts
You will have nothing but A good time its fun and and the scenery is great there is about a dozen of us from the mobile area that camp at TWO and ride the area this will be the 11th year.we go the last week in october looking forward to it already !

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is my 7th ride up, I love it and am addicted to it, have to have a fix at least twice a year!
It 430 miles to get there but I take US 1 and enjoy the trip, May leave early and avoid some traffic, like 4 am.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HAH! Made a wrong turn in Waycross, ended up finding my own way back to where I needed to be, went by some places with banjo pickers tuning up on the front porch, great ride, 450 the first day, that's enough for me.
High of 82 today, clear and awesome! Helen is crowded but still fun.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Made it back yesterday, 430 miles in 8 1/2 hours. Made good time, ran into a few showers but they just help cool you off.
I love that mountain weather, Helen was crowded but after we found a backroad so we could avoid the traffic it got a lot better.
This will probably be my last ride up there this year so I will start getting ready for Biketoberfest and then next years ride.
Georgia has some cool roads to ride, I may take a day ride and just hit some of the roads down south after it cools off a bit and the gnats go away!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts