M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is leather pants and vest suitable for hot whether? Haven't ridden in those before and am thinking to get a set of those. It is quite hot and humid here. Any pointers?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
In Texas, its toooooo HOT for leather unless ur a HD rider :D. I wear jeans and either a long sleeve or short sleeve Nike Dri Fit shirt. These shirts are excellent to have in hot weather riding, they breath good and keep the sweat off you. But the shirt don't offer any accident protection.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
'Nike Dri Fit shirt.', this is cool, I have this.

'But the shirt don't offer any accident protection.', This is bad as the beast might turn on me without notice one fine day.

'mesh all the way - and those sports T's underneath.', Have one of those from alpine star, but except while riding it can make me sweat quite a fair bit.

'its toooooo HOT for leather unless ur a HD rider', Oh! Oh!

Bought my first sets of leather pants,vest,leather riding boots and a leather pouch today. Wore it there and then but was drenched in the rain on the 30 miles home.:cus:

·
Registered
885 Posts
In Texas, its toooooo HOT for leather unless ur a HD rider :D. I wear jeans and either a long sleeve or short sleeve Nike Dri Fit shirt. These shirts are excellent to have in hot weather riding, they breath good and keep the sweat off you. But the shirt don't offer any accident protection.
:agree:. Of course its not much protection... so act right:bigthumbsup:!

Ride on...

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
'Nike Dri Fit shirt.', this is cool, I have this.

'But the shirt don't offer any accident protection.', This is bad as the beast might turn on me without notice one fine day.

'mesh all the way - and those sports T's underneath.', Have one of those from alpine star, but except while riding it can make me sweat quite a fair bit.

'its toooooo HOT for leather unless ur a HD rider', Oh! Oh!

Bought my first sets of leather pants,vest,leather riding boots and a leather pouch today. Wore it there and then but was drenched in the rain on the 30 miles home.:cus:
WOW, 5 hours after the first post that started this thread. I kind of wounder why ask the question? :dontknow: "Bought my first sets of leather pants,vest,leather riding boots and a leather pouch today. Wore it there and then but was drenched in the rain on the 30 miles home" And even got a ride in with them in 5 hours to boot.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,865 Posts
I only wear leather in colder weather, and mesh the rest of the time. I've thought about trying some of the perforated leather gear but I've not read much about how cool it is. I'm sure it's not as cool as mesh.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
So what is mesh? I want to get one of those vests you soak in water, ring out the excess, and put it on. Then you put on a "mesh" jacket,(which is your protection) and the air flow is what gives you cool air around your body. My wife made us some of those neckerchief like coolers, which has a bunch of polymer beads inside that soak up about 40-50% there weight in water. You just soak it in water, it swells up, put it around your neck, and cool! Works pretty good.
We have the vests. there good for about 30 -45 min and you need to wear something over it to keep the wind off of it so it don't dry out. They make seats that cool why cant they make a jacket?

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOW, 5 hours after the first post that started this thread. I kind of wounder why ask the question? :dontknow: "Bought my first sets of leather pants,vest,leather riding boots and a leather pouch today. Wore it there and then but was drenched in the rain on the 30 miles home" And even got a ride in with them in 5 hours to boot.
You got me there. I just want to get more infos.:bow:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts