M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having a hell of a time finding a leather vest to fit me. They come big enough, but even the tall sizes aren't long enough (think leather bra, cause thats what a lot of them looked like on me). I found some high quality (but expensive) vests at the bikersden.com by O.N.E. Leather. They came in tall, but only up to a 3XL, despite having regular sizes up to 5XL. I have honestly looked everywhere, and was getting depressed that I would never get a nice vest that was big enough, when Kareena from the bikersden.com got back to me, saying that she had called O.N.E directly, and they would make a custom vest, I just had to submit my measurements to get a quote. They even sent me a diagram of what and where to measure (great customer service going that extra mile). I can even get it made to whatever length I want (34": I have a long trunk). Now I know it will be expensive: their vests are already the most expensive I have seen, but it's come down to that or nothing. Anyways, I just wanted to give a shout out to Kareena at bikersden.com for going that extra mile when she could've just as easily said "sorry, not possible".

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Try buying a leather jacket that will fit but with short arms take it to a leather shop and have them work it to a vest.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Hey Bear
Thanks for the link. I wear a 52 to 54 jacket depending on brand. So it is tough for me to find a vest. I'll check them out.
Bob

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really Panchester? I had ordered one from newenough.com (4XL), and it was plenty long in the back, but the front was way too short (four inches above my belt). The fact that it was so wide side to side (even with the straps done up as tight as they would go) made it look even shorter than it was.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yes. Front is supposed to be shorter.
This vest is made for riding and not walking.
When you sit on your bike, it looks different, and than the front is not short at all.
If the vest was longer up front, than when you sit on the bike it would look funny.
Too bad you didn't like it, because in my opinion this is one of the better vests out there. The quality is outstanding.
Good luck !

·
Registered
948 Posts
Check Jamminleather.com

·
Registered
74 Posts
go to a leather shop and have them cut one to fit you. a good leather guy can do it in a couple of days. plus you usually get better leather.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts