M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm moving from Arizona to Ohio which is a big temperature difference so I'm selling my mesh jacket and getting a leather one. I plan on either buying at a store or buying from Craigslist, anyone have any recommendations? :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
913 Posts
I wear an Icon OverLord Stealth. I like that it has a removable liner (I virtually never use the liner) and the armour. The bad: I wish it had a little bit of a collar. Its a sports bike style jacket and I dont feel it really fits with this bike, especially with a skull cap helmet.

On side note: I'd keep the mesh jacket too. There are some days that are hot enough to need one !

·
Registered
735 Posts
Ohio

I wouldn't sell the mesh jacket there are some pretty warm days in the north country. I have an Alpinestar mesh that I wear from time to time and it comes with a liner you can zip in. As far as good leather jackets at a not to big a price check out www.leatherups.com they have a lot of everything a rider would want for those cold nights but if you have an open mind on the matter try a Cortech DSX levi jacket it comes with a zip in liner and elbow,back and shoulder protection and will warm the cold nights and without the liner take the chill off a not to hot day. It has brass zippers on the front and all the cooling vents are brass zippers. Very nice jacket.......

·
Registered
632 Posts
life changing experience

When I bought my M109r...it was from a Fireman. When we met and I rode the M109r, I arrived on my Honda 750 in my leather jacket. When we concluded the transaction, he urged me to take the Ballistic coat with armor saying..."I noticed you were wearing leather earlier, man I have been on so many calls and would really recommend you change that." Spoken from a 25 year responder to many MV accidents, I decided to take his advice.

Love the leather, but now wear his balistic jacket with armor...

·
Registered
117 Posts
I would keep the mush for the summer and get another for the colder times that what I do. And check out Iron Pony they have a big selection on jackets and coats and they are here in Ohio. And welcome to Ohio.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Go to leatherup.com They have nice jackets at very reasonable prices. Be sure to purchase a lot larger than normal. I would normally by a 3x, but I needed a 5x from them.
:agree: Leatherup is a good place to start. Good selection, price, and customer service.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
596 Posts
I would keep the mush for the summer and get another for the colder times that what I do. And check out Iron Pony they have a big selection on jackets and coats and they are here in Ohio. And welcome to Ohio.
:agree::agree::agree: I totally agree. I would wait until you get to Ohio, and check out the Iron Pony. They have lots and lots of jackets in stock to try on.

http://ironpony.com/

·
Registered
758 Posts
Leather Jacket

Try Wilson"s Leathers, they are based all over the east coast. They have a section for riders. And they usually throw sales frequently. I bought a very nice leather with liner (removable) with reflective skulls on the sleeves. It was $299 but they had a 20% discount on all leather jackets and vests. Also if you spent $150 or more they gave you an extra 10% of the total price. :doorag:

·
Registered
369 Posts
I can't imagine not being able to try on a jacket. I live in MI and I just bought a mesh. The temps change quite fast up here. Today we had a high of 78 and tonight a low of 45. Keep the mesh.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have 4 motorcycle jackets, but really stick to just one... Check out the Street and Steel Anarchy jacket with hoody!!!!! It can be almost too warm, but has removable liner / hoody with tons of vents for the warmer weather! I constantly get TONS of "Where'd you get that jacket at!?!?!?" I got it at Cycle Gear, but check online too!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.