M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about going with LE Clear Signal lights. Is the only difference the clear lens and different light bulb and any idea of the cost? Debating on these lights or going with aftermarket. Thanks Bruce

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
I have them on my bike, I think they look a lot better. Get the OE clear ones, not the after market ones. They tend to yellow over time vs the OE ones stay clear. And then get the Silver Star bulbs. Oneida has the best price on them.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have them on my bike, I think they look a lot better. Get the OE clear ones, not the after market ones. They tend to yellow over time vs the OE ones stay clear. And then get the Silver Star bulbs. Oneida has the best price on them.
Thanks, I think that is the route I will take. Bruce

·
Registered
163 Posts
rynosback with those bulbs don't you have to grind off one of the lugs to make them work?

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Thinking about going with LE Clear Signal lights. Is the only difference the clear lens and different light bulb and any idea of the cost? Debating on these lights or going with aftermarket. Thanks Bruce
rynosback with those bulbs don't you have to grind off one of the lugs to make them work?
No because his bike like mine is not an LE. The LE bulbs have 3 tabs where all of the other 9's have 2 (1156,1157 or 2057 fit in there with no modding).

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thanks looks like i"m going clear :p

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No because his bike like mine is not an LE. The LE bulbs have 3 tabs where all of the other 9's have 2 (1156,1157 or 2057 fit in there with no modding).
I read a few earlier post, where there was a heat problem caused by the bulbs. Have you had any problems and should I use the 1157 for the front and back signal lights. Thanks ahead, Bruce

1 - 7 of 7 Posts