M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wzup gang, yesterday will stuck in a traffic my 9er stalled out on me, lucking I was in the right -hand lane in order to pull over easily. But anyway, I can start the bike in neutral, but when I place in 1st or 2nd gear in launched forward really strong and stalls out.:cus:

Tried starting it up while in gear and you can just tap the ignition switch and it tries to take off, I have no clue...but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:dontknow:

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Wzup gang, yesterday will stuck in a traffic my 9er stalled out on me, lucking I was in the right -hand lane in order to pull over easily. But anyway, I can start the bike in neutral, but when I place in 1st or 2nd gear in launched forward really strong and stalls out.:cus:

Tried starting it up while in gear and you can just tap the ignition switch and it tries to take off, I have no clue...but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:dontknow:
Sounds like the tube nut in the clutch/clutch basket has BACKED off inside and everything has come loose.

It's roughly a $300 - $500 in parts depending on dealer and location in the country or world,,, that's not including labor. It IS a WARRANTY item if it is still under warranty. Mine happened at roughly 4K and it was paid for by Suzuki Corp.

Here are some threads to check out,,

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1511011

Clutch feel weird or tight when ya pull it in? and it does nothing when ya hold it in right?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
T-Bone©®™;1250916 said:
Sounds like the tube nut in the clutch/clutch basket has BACKED off inside and everything has come loose.

It's roughly a $300 - $500 in parts depending on dealer and location in the country or world,,, that's not including labor. It IS a WARRANTY item if it is still under warranty. Mine happened at roughly 4K and it was paid for by Suzuki Corp.

Here are some threads to check out,,

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1511011

Clutch feel weird or tight when ya pull it in? and it does nothing when ya hold it in right?
Clutch still have tension and tried adjusting it but nothing helped....the closest thing that relates to this is...... dropping into gear without the clutch pulled in...and it's not under warranty anymore....$500 [email protected]@[email protected]%@%@

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Clutch still have tension and tried adjusting it but nothing helped....the closest thing to relatedis...... dropping into gear without the clutch pulled in...and it's not under warranty anymore....$500 [email protected]@[email protected]%@%@
Yup! its the tube nut!

bummer, but before ya freak that it is out of warranty, it's your dealer that really goes to bat for you or not, so if you have a good dealer he "should" push it through. It is a WIDELY known issue with Suzuki Corp.

If you are relatively ok to good with a set of tools there are How-to's here to fix it yourself,,, however, the service manual states the part is "Non-Serviceable" so there are no torque specs for tightening the bolt back down.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot man, I'll decide which option I'll do....it's going to the a mechanic on Monday to get an estimate and that'll tell what I'll do....again thanks for the help as those links were right point.:clap2:

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Thanks alot man, I'll decide which option I'll do....it's going to the a mechanic on Monday to get an estimate and that'll tell what I'll do....again thanks for the help as those links were right point.:clap2:
A dealer or a standard independent bike shop? most likely, they will charge you a labor fee if they tear it open and you decide to not have them fix it. They will have to get it back together also to give it back to you.

So just beware, and no problem. It happened to me except at a stop light and I am so lucky I was holding the front brake or I would have either dropped her or hit the car in front of me or both! It really does suck and my baby was down for a month waiting on parts as it was August 2007 and there still were no parts yet in the US for the 9.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
while tbone has offered you some great advice, i would like to add another alternative in case the dealer doesn't step up for you.

depending on where you are located, perhaps there might be some fellow 9 owners that have come across this problem that might volunteer to help you. :dontknow:

i know it might not help with the out of pocket costs to you, but at least you know that the job will be done right.

either way, i hope you get it squared away. good luck to you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
while tbone has offered you some great advice, i would like to add another alternative in case the dealer doesn't step up for you.

depending on where you are located, perhaps there might be some fellow 9 owners that have come across this problem that might volunteer to help you. :dontknow:

i know it might not help with the out of pocket costs to you, but at least you know that the job will be done right.

either way, i hope you get it squared away. good luck to you.
Yeah, thank alot....I'm thinking about posting this in the GA chapter and see what reponses I get......I like doing the maintence myself as well justthe basic, but a fellow 9er would help alot

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Yeah, thank alot....I'm thinking about posting this in the GA chapter and see what reponses I get......I like doing the maintence myself as well justthe basic, but a fellow 9er would help alot
i think once you post in the georgia forum or even in the general forum, you will be pleasantly surprised with the replies you should get. from what i remember from this board, there are a huge number of 109 riders in the georgia area. there seems to be a lot in the new york & pittsburgh & maryland areas also.
hopefully you will get some of the great members near your area to chime in and help you out and perhaps they can suggest a reputable dealer that will go to bat for you regarding your situation.

good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts