M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
TAZZZZZZZZ...you're killing me! I've had the factory engine guards on order since May...and nothing yet. I check in every couple of days...and all I get is..."they're still coming". Those look awsome! I like your setup...you done good :bigthumbsup:

Devilish

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Taz,

How much of a hassle was it to put the crash bars on? Oneidasuzuki.com has them for $140 or so.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was not really that bad, about an hour start to finish if you have all of your stuff together.

There is a hole on each side under the tree cover for the upper and the lower connects to the peg mounts.

Pull the seat.

remove the speedo.

pull the tank back 4 inches

remove the tree covers

loosen the radiator shroud I did not remove mine as the instructions said to.

remove the peg bolt

mount the bar

move to other side and mount the bar

put it back together.

use blue lock tight on all bolts.

TAZ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
vtxoak said:
What happened to the tan seat I love that combination on your bike? :bigthumbsup:
I still have it and the Corbin, also. I had this one made for a long road trip seat.

TAZ

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
raw_taz said:
I still have it and the Corbin, also. I had this one made for a long road trip seat.

TAZ
Was the tan one custome or did you recover the stock seat? If you decide to get rid of it let me know.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hey Tazz,

Could you post a pic of maybe a broadside shot. I was thinking of getting some highway bars but I am worried about the whole sport image of the bike being kind of ruined. I am not dogging your style or your bike bro, just wondering. Thanks.

·
Registered
664 Posts
pizzmor said:
Hey Tazz,

Could you post a pic of maybe a broadside shot. I was thinking of getting some highway bars but I am worried about the whole sport image of the bike being kind of ruined. I am not dogging your style or your bike bro, just wondering. Thanks.
well I have em on my silver.....

hope these help...

·
Registered
732 Posts
Looks really good.I really like that seat. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Taz and Moonbaby--- If both of y'all don't mind, I have a question for each of you.

Actually a couple for you Taz---
What brand are your footpegs?
Did you get the passenger ones also?
Are there any special brackets that also have to be purchased for the "highway/crash bar" pegs?

Moonbaby--- Was that radiator guard worth it and was it hard to install? It looks great to me, but how about in person?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have the Kury SwitchBlades on the regular peg placement, the highway bar mounted ones are stanadard Kury pegs with there longhorn mounts. The bars are very good not too bad to mount you have to take the radiator cowl apart a bit. But not brain sugery for sure. I think for the money they are a bargin. No passenger pegs.

TAZ

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
where did you get the shifter? it looks nice with those pegs.

·
Registered
664 Posts
silveRRocket said:
Taz and Moonbaby--- If both of y'all don't mind, I have a question for each of you.

Actually a couple for you Taz---
What brand are your footpegs?
Did you get the passenger ones also?
Are there any special brackets that also have to be purchased for the "highway/crash bar" pegs?

Moonbaby--- Was that radiator guard worth it and was it hard to install? It looks great to me, but how about in person?
I really like the radiator guard.... I think it looks great on there in person and in pictures... it's tougher to keep clean.. :)....
It was amazingly easy to install... It slides over the bottom 2 "nubs" and there is 1 screw you put in the top... took about 15 min (i was being amazingly careful not to scratch her..)

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
:bigthumbsup: Taz & Moonbaby, Thanks guys. These are some and probably the only mods I'm interested in and y'all have been a great help.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts