M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just filled up the tank for the last time before switching to Amsoil. Average for the first 675 miles on the bike was about 38mpg, and that was a fairly good mix of hard and easy acceleration, varied running speeds (between 70 and 85 on the speedo on highway trip back from OK with it, 1 or 5 short runs > 85... much greater :D :D ) Basically the break in procedure recommended by those on this site, have also removed the JSD mod until the whole detonation thing is resolved... Strangely I really didn't notice much difference other than a bit more vibration on the low end.

Looking forward to finding out if Amsoil makes it shift smoother, cause I tell ya what, right now it sounds like my dad's Peterbuilt.. Clunks so loud going into 2nd that I actually see people jump if they are driving near me with the windows down.. kinda funny really :D

Will hopefully be doing the oil change on Saturday before Prowler and I go for a spin around the Hill Country as well as a differential change.

Many thanks to OilDoc for the very speedy assist on my order (placed it today at 4:30pm and before 5:00pm they already had it all pulled, boxed and ready to go first thing in the morning... thats good service folks) :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

Will post more on the subject Saturday night or Sunday morning..

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You gotta understand, I put 450 miles on it the first full day I owned it.. I bought it in Oklahoma and rode it home.. Figured that would be a good way to get acquainted with my first ride in a bit over 10 years.. And it was a VERY good ride... lot of folks out there with NO freakin' idea what this bike is, and most all of them are more than happy to discuss it with you at length if you'll just tell them "Who makes that thing?" 8) :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
The switch to full synthetic has helped with mine shifting. I don't think much can be done about the clunk from neutral to 1st though, hell even my Kawasaki ZRX1100 still does that. I switched on my second oil change I did at 1200 miles and used Repsol 10-50w full synthetic that they stock at Cycle Gear along with a K & N oil filter they have with the 17mm nut on the front for easy on/off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts