M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how people are managing to incorporate extra large photos into their posts.

You somehow seem to be getting around the 97kb cap on jpg files...

I've been having to reduce my 1mb or 2mb photos down considerably to reach the 97kb restriction -which takes numerous attempts - and then end up with a small thumbnail.

Clicking on it produces only a moderately sized photo with lousy resolution.

- So how are you guys doing it?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,078 Posts
You only have a limit if you upload them to here. Open up a Photobucket account and you can link any size you want. Just please don't use one of them as a sig image. :D

Here's some videos on how to do it and other board functions.
How To Videos for using this board

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks very much zoom.

I used your photobucket solution.

The important part it seems is to right-click on the picture in photobucket to copy it, and then right-click again to paste it here into the post.

Here are some better pictures of my ride...

·
Registered
430 Posts
Got a question on your bike... the two red rear side thingies over the tire and the two yellow thingies on each side of your front tire... is it a canadian thing that they be LIGHTS? They only have to be reflectors here in the US... You changed them to LIGHTS? I LOVE IT!!! I want to try that!!! Wonder if it'll get me a ticket....

·
Registered
41 Posts
I could be wrong, but I think those lights are the reflectors reflecting the flash fom the camera.

Great pictures!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Got a question on your bike... the two red rear side thingies over the tire and the two yellow thingies on each side of your front tire... is it a canadian thing that they be LIGHTS? They only have to be reflectors here in the US... You changed them to LIGHTS? I LOVE IT!!! I want to try that!!! Wonder if it'll get me a ticket....
+1 guess he replaced them with "position light" :pop:

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Reflectors or lights, don't matter. You just have to have one or the other at the front and back in the correct colors (amber front red back) according to DOT. They, of course, have to be visible in accordance with DOT requirements.

But, there are few left on most of the 109s I see pics of here. The manufacturer is required to put them on and if the law was really getting picky one might get a ticket for not having them. But I doubt that there's many of those tickets written.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I could be wrong, but I think those lights are the reflectors reflecting the flash fom the camera.

Great pictures!
I'll wait for him to chime in again, but I am pretty sure they're lights... I think this is a winter mod that I'm gonna look into...

·
Registered
430 Posts
... The manufacturer is required to put them on and if the law was really getting picky one might get a ticket for not having them. But I doubt that there's many of those tickets written.
I have spoken with some :cop:'s and they have said that it's not something they'd pull me over for, but if I was already pulled over for speeding or wreckless driving, then they'd tack it on... same for a sidemount plate... they wouldn't pull me JUST for that, but if it were not illuminated or if they already got me for something else, then hey, it's open season...

·
Registered
450 Posts
Nice

I haven't seen my 9 for a week now because it's at the shop, just seeing yours makes me smile. Dang that looks nice.
When I walk in from the brightly lit office, and walk out into the dark shop, I can see her in the dim light. Her chrome shining in the subtle light. She never fails to put a smile on my face. :bigthumbsup:

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Just wondering how people are managing to incorporate extra large photos into their posts.

You somehow seem to be getting around the 97kb cap on jpg files...

I've been having to reduce my 1mb or 2mb photos down considerably to reach the 97kb restriction -which takes numerous attempts - and then end up with a small thumbnail.

Clicking on it produces only a moderately sized photo with lousy resolution.

- So how are you guys doing it?
Beautiful ride, and I love the driving lights, great location and they look good........

·
Registered
608 Posts
I gotta learn how to do pics.

Looks very nice even for a Black one.

·
Registered
608 Posts
"even for a black one" .... :duck: ( :D )
Well we all have our personal color preferences. He could have a worse color, there are like 2 worse.....laff.

OK running now.......

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Colors

The 109 comes in colors other than black? Wow, who knew?
Reminds be of an old quote about colors for sports cars regarding the new British racing green when it first came out (see, I said old). "There are only 2 proper colors for a car, black and red, and red and black."
So you're OK red.:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts