M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, work with me here...

I understand Lamont is working on a set of Bungee Buttons for the sides of the fenders.

I had this idea that a removable luggage rack could be fashioned for use with the solo seat setup. Something made out of tubular steel and chromed, that would curve along the lines of the rear seat cowl, and have four U-shaped "feet" that would fit directly onto the Bungee Button stems. These feet would fit down onto the button's stems kind of like a spade lug electrical connection on a bolt would. A threaded lug could be used to hold and tight down the rack.

When you don't need the rack, loosen the bungee buttons and lift the thing right off!

Does anyone think this would be cool? :bigthumbsup:
 
G

·
raw_taz said:
Ok, I guess it is time for the next idea.

I have been kicking around how to get my stuff on the bike for a ride and have not been happy with the options.

I hate Saddle bags, it is not a Harley.

Tank Bag is too small and will cover up my new custom tank bib.

I don't want to spend 3 hours pulling the crap off to get it back to it's Bruzer Cruzer style.

Bought the wife a M50 so she can deal with her own stuff.

Anyway back to the idea, bungee buttons, rack with an integrated driver back rest, that sits ont the bungee buttons over the pillon cover that can be easily removed and a bag about twice that size that is water proof.

When are the bungee buttons available so I can get to makin it.

TAZ
I thought it was a good idea a couple of days ago.

TAZ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
raw_taz said:
I thought it was a good idea a couple of days ago.

TAZ
Did a search and saw it was already thought of. :confused: :redfaced: DUH...

Sorry, I was teaching MSF all weekend and kinda fell behind on new posts.
 

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Chooky said:
Hi Lamont,
Where can I find somewhere that sells these Bungy-Buttons

Chooky
I fitted the new buttons yesterday so now I know they work. I just have to work out the bold deal and then we will add them to the store and I'll post them here. :doorag:
 
G

·
Wanted said:
Did a search and saw it was already thought of. :confused: :redfaced: DUH...

Sorry, I was teaching MSF all weekend and kinda fell behind on new posts.
No problem Bro, Thank you for teaching MSF.

TAZ
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
L-Train said:
How do you become a MSF instructor anyway?
You apply to whatever agency runs the program where you live (here, it is the state DOT). If you're accepted, you take the course over three weekends, plus a Red Cross certification class. There is a written test, a course test, and a student teaching evaluation. If you pass all that, you're in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Lamonster said:
I fitted the new buttons yesterday so now I know they work. I just have to work out the bold deal and then we will add them to the store and I'll post them here. :doorag:
Did you ever post the bungy-buttons? I looked at Direct Line but did not find under 109 accessories.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
I have a friend (salesman who sold me my 109) (Knew him b4 he became salesman)who recently bought a new Victory. He showed me his new saddle bags which mounted on to two chrome lugs similar to where our chrome strips are located on the back fender sides. All he had to do was use a key to turn a locking mechanism which opened a collar on both lugs. They lifted right off with no ugly frame left behind. The frams is part of the bag. The only hint that something may sit there are the two chrome lugs. Way cool for a trip. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
 

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
EL said:
Did you ever post the bungy-buttons? I looked at Direct Line but did not find under 109 accessories.
Last I heard was the bolts were in the chromers and should ship this week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,624 Posts
Chuck said:
I have a friend (salesman who sold me my 109) (Knew him b4 he became salesman)who recently bought a new Victory. He showed me his new saddle bags which mounted on to two chrome lugs similar to where our chrome strips are located on the back fender sides. All he had to do was use a key to turn a locking mechanism which opened a collar on both lugs. They lifted right off with no ugly frame left behind. The frams is part of the bag. The only hint that something may sit there are the two chrome lugs. Way cool for a trip. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
This type of bags is exactly what I'm looking for.
No fuss on and off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,846 Posts
I just called my salesman to find out who made his bags. I thought they were an aftermarket item but he said he purchased it from Victory. I dont know if these could be modded or not to fit the 109. The first thing would be to check the spacing on the two bolds holding on the chrome strip at each side towards the back. Next i would measure how far the bags go down, will they clear our top exhaust pipe??? :doorag:
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top