M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about all of the members on here and that is a lot of networking we could all benefit from. How about a board for members to post services and discounts to fellow members?
What do you all think?

·
Registered
775 Posts
wouldn't be for me; the board is already sponsored by a parts and acc. company ( pretty good one). you start letting everyone promote their own business on here and you'll have more promotion than conversation. along with the problem with people using the forum to air dissatisfaction with someone they ordered something from. we've all seen how quick these posts can turn ugly. you throw business competition in there, and you're just asking for lumps in the gravy. i say keep it as a forum; not a vending site.

·
Registered
890 Posts
walker said:
wouldn't be for me; the board is already sponsored by a parts and acc. company ( pretty good one). you start letting everyone promote their own business on here and you'll have more promotion than conversation. along with the problem with people using the forum to air dissatisfaction with someone they ordered something from. we've all seen how quick these posts can turn ugly. you throw business competition in there, and you're just asking for lumps in the gravy. i say keep it as a forum; not a vending site.
+1 some things don't need fixin :doorag:

Devilish

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
DevilishEyes109 said:
+1 some things don't need fixin :doorag:

Devilish
I agree. However, I also think if you need something, ask, and other users can post or PM you with sites they have used for that specific item(s).

DLP carries a lot, but not everything.

·
Registered
775 Posts
i agree, wild; i just would hate to see alot of actual vendors start promoteing their business on the boards. but, definately, if someone asks and you know a cool place to get it, post it. we all enjoy info like that.

·
Registered
770 Posts
walker said:
i agree, wild; i just would hate to see alot of actual vendors start promoteing their business on the boards. but, definately, if someone asks and you know a cool place to get it, post it. we all enjoy info like that.
:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
898 Posts
well if i am not mistaken he was asking for a seperate board .... not to clutter up the existing ones .... just like we have seperate ones for the individual states....

khrome

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
khrome13 said:
well if i am not mistaken he was asking for a seperate board .... not to clutter up the existing ones .... just like we have seperate ones for the individual states....

khrome
Correct, a board like the "State" boards offering discounts and services for members. For instance, Tireman said he could do discounts on Automotive wheels and tires, I can do discounts on Ski gear and helmets and I am sure many others have businesses that other members could use outside of the motorcycle scene.

·
Registered
721 Posts
HelmetTown said:
Correct, a board like the "State" boards offering discounts and services for members. For instance, Tireman said he could do discounts on Automotive wheels and tires, I can do discounts on Ski gear and helmets and I am sure many others have businesses that other members could use outside of the motorcycle scene.
And I could help those in the Austin area with computer related stuff if needed....
Hate to see 109 Bro's spend $60.00 and up per HR. by taking their stuff to best buy, comp usa etc...

·
Registered
890 Posts
Ohhhhhhh....I get it. Not a specific sales area...more like a swap-meet. Where one of us could do something for another...right? If that's what you mean then there is always PM'n. I still don't agree with opening the site to vendors, we have an area "Classifids" to put personal stuff on...and it has rules. But I don't see the need for something more, mainly because we have folks on here already that give their time and knowledge to everyone freely. If someone has something to offer and puts it in a forum that is bike related..no problem...if it has to do with something other than the bike..then just PM, again no problem. JMHO

Devilish

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
I tried this idea on the Valkyrie board I use to run and it was more trouble than it was worth. I'm not going to go into all the details but I learned then that I'm not doing that again. Sorry. ::)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts