M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After you returned from the Sturgis trip, you mentioned it performed well but there were some issues that prevented you from recommending it. Could you elaborate a little about those issues.
I am shopping for a gps unit right now and Lowrance is offering a $100 rebate on that unit till the end of the month. It's feature list is impressive and has everyhting I would want except Bluetooth and there no other unit in that price range I know of with a 5" screen.

Thanks in advance!

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Scrogg said:
After you returned from the Sturgis trip, you mentioned it performed well but there were some issues that prevented you from recommending it. Could you elaborate a little about those issues.
I am shopping for a gps unit right now and Lowrance is offering a $100 rebate on that unit till the end of the month. It's feature list is impressive and has everyhting I would want except Bluetooth and there no other unit in that price range I know of with a 5" screen.

Thanks in advance!
I would say that they have a higher than normal failure rate. This is not do to being on a bike as most of my problems were in my truck. I'm on my 9th unit now and if there was another one that had a screen as big as this one I would buy it. I've gotten so use to that big screen that I can't see going to anything smaller. I'll just keep replacing them till I get a good one. ::)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nine units?

Is it the hard-drive that is failing, the screen, the power supply or does it quit receiving a signal?

With nine units, I bet you are on a first name basis with their customer service (which must be good if they have sent you that many units) :eek:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
As far as I know I have never had a hard drive problem. Most of the problems were just stuff that quit working or wasn't working right. Their customer service has been great and this last unit was out of warren's and they still just sent me a new one. They make it really hard for me to get mad at them.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I've been looking at GPS units again and seen this thread as I've been looking at the iWay 600c unit. Do you know if they've fixed their problems? I would look at the 350c unit..but can't verify it is waterproof. I don't need/want the 600c's "marine" navigation features...but like all its other features.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
wildwolf said:
I've been looking at GPS units again and seen this thread as I've been looking at the iWay 600c unit. Do you know if they've fixed their problems? I would look at the 350c unit..but can't verify it is waterproof. I don't need/want the 600c's "marine" navigation features...but like all its other features.
I have the 600 now and this one seems to be working fine. The screen is much better than the 500 and the 500 was great. I will say that my first 600 had a issue. ::)

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
wildwolf said:
Sorry to post a link to another forum..but wondered if you had any of the problems this guy experienced:
http://www.gl1800riders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=86189. His problems were 600c related and it seemed another member had no issues with the 500c.

What I really want, I think, is all the functions of the 600c BUT the marine nav. stuff.
That's my site too. ;)
I have not had any of those problems with my 600 but I don't use the mp3, I have a XM so I don't really need it.

The 500 is a great unit but it has had it's share of problems. I love the big screen of the 500 and the 600, that's the only reason I haven't tried any other brand. ::)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.