M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the Cobra FI2000R and followed the instruction supplement with picture that Lamont posted up. Easy enough, but after getting all the lights in the unit to come on we zipped up the bike for a victorylap around the block to assess the factory settings. NO LIGHTS. nothing and the bike ran like crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No adjustment helped and it was obvious I had to break her back down to find the problem.
Quick call to Lamont and he was all over it. Sounded like a bad unit so I called Cobra and they were all over it too. Very good support and I felt better already.

Long story short I found a wire off the injector body plug and re-connected it with a little solder and a lighter...pulled it back into its spot it the harness and...BAM!
Lights on and the bike runs better than it ever has and I am one HAPPY guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All thats left in my 10 month long love affair/restoration is the custom paint. Red metal flake called "Fire" at www.paintwithpearl.com
Check it out and tell me what you think of a black primer, 3 coats of clear with the flake in it, 3 coats of clear on top of that...

So, a shout out to Lamont for his on the spot help and suggestions and to Cobra for their excellent designs and service for the products they make and sell.
(I have the swept Cobra exhausts too!)

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Good story.....I know Lamont and think he is a good guy with his heart in the right place. Sounds like Cobra stepped up, too. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Long story short I found a wire off the injector body plug and re-connected it with a little solder
I bought a used unit and had the same problem. Took it apart, re soldered it and it was good to go. Apparently this is an issue cuz I have heard of this more then a couple times.

G

·
I bought a used unit and had the same problem. Took it apart, re soldered it and it was good to go. Apparently this is an issue cuz I have heard of this more then a couple times.
Man, and some guys wonder why I am leery of anything but the Teka Flash tuner. Just gotta get the $$. You guys, good luck with those things, hope they hold up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah...

Just got back from another ride. 2 so far of an hour each.... one kinda for work.
Man it is like I got a whole different bike now.
Smooth throttle, no sputtering or going dead at the intersection.

Yes, it had been doing that.
(the shame of it...)

So somebody tell me what they think of that color I'm thinking about...
"Fire" red metal flake over at www.paintwithpearl.com
I think it will look good, but I want somebody else to chime in too.

Thanks guys

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
Lamont is a great guy, I've talked with him a few times and he's always been helpful. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

And Wow, that is some serious metalflake in the Fire paint. If it's anything like the picture of it, it should look great!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
So somebody tell me what they think of that color I'm thinking about...
"Fire" red metal flake over at www.paintwithpearl.com
I think it will look good, but I want somebody else to chime in too.

Thanks guys
Now you got me looking at paint. Thinking of the chamelian thing with white as the main color & it changing to I'm not sure yet.

Also find the heat responsive paint interesting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts