M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if that sideburner exhaust system is loud enough that it will command respect, or is it not loud enough to justify the 700 bones? Thanks.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
I think they are too loud, I hate those pipes. They might sound better on a 109 but on a 1800 VTX they are obnoxious. ::)

·
Registered
757 Posts
I don't own these pipes but have seen/heard 2 so far. They sound amazing unless your standing on the right side of bike when it is throttled up, then it is actually PAINFUL. :yikes: Other than that they are not too loud if you just putt around.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Put on my bike and I love them but wish they weren't so loud. My friends go deaf if they're riding on the right side of me. And I've got a noise ordance in my town. So that's a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
If you wanted to make them a bit quieter, could'nt you put a small amount of muffler packing into them? Seems the packing is pretty 'free flowing'. Would that make a marked change decrease HP performance?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have the sideburner on my 9. It sounds great while your putting around, but when you throw the throttle to it, it LIGHTS UP. It's very loud. The pipe also is not the best for performance, but I love the way it looks. The 9 has plenty of HPs for me.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Has anyone had a dyno done with the sideburners yet? I am curious about the power loss. How many horses do you drop if you put these on? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
214 Posts
You don't drop any, you just don't gain any either. My 9 has Ultra-flow air kit, JDS-3, Sideburner and PCIII, had it dyno'ed and got 111 hp and 109 tq. That's good enough for me.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Wonderin' if you could add a baffle? Anyone know?

·
Registered
281 Posts
speed racer said:
Put on my bike and I love them but wish they weren't so loud. My friends go deaf if they're riding on the right side of me. And I've got a noise ordance in my town. So that's a pain in the ass.
I push started my buddy's ride with these pipes and went deaf for a second or two when it fired up. I was standing closer to the right side and my ears were buzzing for the next two days as if i just got back from a Metallica concert :-\

-RT

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't know what you all are talking about!!! Don't get me wrong, I respect your opinion, but these pipes sound perfect, loud enough to command respect and get noticed, not too brassy or loud to leave your ears ringing like when I had the Dragsters. No need for a baffle, they look absolutely amazing, just look at my pic below, they help make the bike, but like everyone else, that is just my opinion! Get what you like, ride when you want and be safe!!!

·
Registered
766 Posts

They are very loud! I searched for a while and kept coming back to these, its all personal preference.
I idle out of the neighborhood in the morning, just out of courtesy. I have no complaints on power loss/gain issues. I did add a PCIII and map for my config.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
vandamage said:

They are very loud! I searched for a while and kept coming back to these, its all personal preference.
I idle out of the neighborhood in the morning, just out of courtesy. I have no complaints on power loss/gain issues. I did add a PCIII and map for my config.
Do you think that if someone were inclined, they coul d put some muffler paciing in ther to soften the noise levels?

Did you dyno your system/discover the HP gains from these pipes?

Gracis.....

·
Registered
215 Posts
on the loud issue Yes they are loud but not as loud as a stock H-D with say white bros or samsons. They arn't as loud as the Full D&D system I had on My Triumph 1200 Daytona SE or the Hi Mount HMFs on My Busa.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the sideburner on my 109 and i put a set of chrome werks hp plus baffles in the head pipes before i put the rear pipe on.i tack welded them in so t5hey would not come loose.the pipe sounds great now with a lot less bark and a little deeper tone.i think it runs better with a little back pressure in it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts