M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a member that is questioning my honesty about about the BigAir and why I haven't posted any dyno numbers. I have posted dyno numbers from the day my bike was stock till now, if you do a search you will see that I have done my best to give you as accurate information as I could. These dyno numbers are just for reference and you may have a different result than me but these numbers are as is and have not been manipulated in any way. I have dynoed every performace mod that I have done to give you an idea of what you might expect from these different mods. That's all I can do with the equipment that is available to me. You may have better results or worst results but as you can see my bike started off with some pretty low numbers compared to some on this board but they are now respectable and apart from the dyno I have proven that my bike will out run a stock 109 even with me towing a trailer so I know I'm heading in the right direction. :doorag:

Frapper reduced the size of these jpg.s since I first loaded them so they are kinda hard to read but you can still see the numbers.

This was stock. I made two good runs.
First good run was
109.6 hp
100.5 torque

http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20060413/e/a/1/ea1a7ba1fb45c3ab0e037d2023725be60_large.jpg

Next run the bike was a little hot.
103.8 hp
95.7 torque

http://image2.frappr.com/pix2/i/20060413/4/5/b/45b277d3c19ded1038e153d6c2e3c7600_large.jpg

This dyno was with the Cobra Drag pipes and the FI2000 without adjustment.
101.9 hp
105.5 torque

http://image2.frappr.com/pix2/i/20060525/9/2/c/92c8795375f9769fefa4489269c8b5ce0_large.jpg

Same setup with adjustment.
104.1 hp
can't read the torque

http://image1.frappr.com/pix1/i/20060525/9/f/b/9fb0b02ffcfd0aaa735ec6fded0f1c580_large.jpg

This dyno was with the Cobra Speedsters and the FI2000
108.6 hp
113. torque

http://image2.frappr.com/pix2/i/20060714/c/9/a/c9a2dabf8f6ef7d2307433b16c37cae80_large.jpg

This is my current setup with the Cobra Speedsters, BigAir, Power Commander, JSD3
122.5 hp
116.6 torque

http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/data/4720/12bigairdyno.jpg

Good bad or ugly that's how these parts tested on my bike at the time I tested it. Now we can debate the weather and whatever else you want to debate about these numbers but what it is is what it is.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Isnt that the worst. Sometimes you make upgrades and spend money on parts to change out, and it actually loses HP and Torque. Damn science.

But congrats on the final numbers.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
well Lamont, I'd take it with a grain of salt since the guy questioning you is a plant placed here by another squid trying to sell his product. Just ignore him and he'll go away

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I haven't run on the dyno,But the Butt Dyno say's YES  :D I put the Big Air and PClll on mine and I can feel a BIG difference already! I have the JSD, and block off plates Just waiting on the plugs to do it all at on time :D got the 10's coming should be here any time Now. :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Thanks Lamonster, its kinda nice seeing everything in that format even thought as you stated, YOU ALREADY POSTED IT ALL.

Your posts teach me to be nice when I could be mean.

Editing my email to a stupid end user to make it nicer,
Alan the IT Nerd

·
Registered
476 Posts
Lamont, final numbers look good, I second what Blkm109r stated there are some jerks on this board who just seem to want to be trouble makers, ignore them they are just little people with little minds trying to create a little trouble. Probably the same jerks that are always on JRs case.
I'm a fan or yours, JRs,Perry,Hall the rest of them can go to h*ll when they start questioning experts or they need to step up and prove therir statements. :read:

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have followed your progress and always respected the fact that you posted most dyno runs for parts you added, well done.  It appears that you have always used corrected dyno numbers from the same dyno , again , well done.  I dont know who is questioning your results but you have definitively put that to rest with this additional test, again , well done.

I for one, really like the big air the best and plan on getting one soon.  Look great , high quality , dyno numbers, great job......  :bigthumbsup:

PS would be nice to see dyno numbers of the Big Air on an otherwise totally stocker but that is just wishing......wonder how much air fuel is affected and how much the bike compensates for the increase in flow .......

Any way , thanks.

dog man - the intelligent man ALWAYS questions any unproven statement , that is what this country and these boards are all about, personal opinion ...... "the rest of them can go to h*ll when they start questioning experts or they need to step up and prove therir statements. " Plenty of "experts" have been humbly corrected throughout history, the real ones will readily admit this and/or provide the proof , as Lamont has. He is not relying on anyone just taking his word for it, he is putting dyno results behind it to support his statements , a true professional, the right way , well done. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Obviously, this guy doesn't pay attention to your posts.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yeah lamont, that guy is full of baloney. Don't listen to the haters. Keep it up we love it. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm not trying to call anyone out on this, that's why I didn't mention any names, I just want to get all the dyno charts on one page for the new guys that may not have followed the progression. I just want to be as up front about all of this as I can.

·
Registered
330 Posts
thanks lamont. i always love reading your posts. anlong with jr and hal. i consider you guys as experts of sorts and hope some day to meet all of you. this bike rocks. hopefully mine will be as fast.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
But Lamont, you posted the numbers in flaming red!!! you know that makes people read the #'s wrong :D
Why that 104.1 almost looks like 141.1 to me :dontknow: :dontknow:
Are you trying to fool us or somethin?? :joke:

and how are we to believe that you actually got 100.5 lbs of torque stock??? you might have tested your Boss Hoss and slipped us
a bogus reading... :joke:

There goes all your credibility :D :D

Sledzep

G

·
dog man said:
Lamont, final numbers look good, I second what Blkm109r stated there are some jerks on this board who just seem to want to be trouble makers, ignore them they are just little people with little minds trying to create a little trouble. Probably the same jerks that are always on JRs case.
I'm a fan or yours, JRs,Perry,Hall the rest of them can go to h*ll when they start questioning experts or they need to step up and prove therir statements. :read:
+1

·
Registered
244 Posts
Great job Lamonster,the information you supply on this forum is top of the line and I for one appreciate all the information you and JR supplly :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
387 Posts
I don't know, personally it is nice to pull great numbers but my first Dyno looked pretty good for what it is. Too bad we all just could meet and Dyno all the bikes on the same Dyno and end the concerns but then again what would that prove....just like the button under the table for the Roulette Table....someone would say the tests were fixed. BTW did I tell you all mine was the most powerful and fastest on this planet.

GEE now I have to prove my claim...DID I mention I will be out of the country for a year. Maybe later....JOHN

Let the beating begin. It really doesn't matter.....or does it. I still think the bikes are cool.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts