M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to set up a ride from Houston to meet up in Fayetteville over the Labor day weekend, probably that Sunday.  Let me know what you think, if another day would be better.......

Was thinking of meeting on the west side and taking the backroads out to Fayetteville, which is ~90 miles NW out of Houston towards La Grange.  There are alot of great roads going out that way through some little towns etc.  Fayetteville has a couple of good old restaurants and plenty of parking space in the town square.  We can also ride up through La Grange and around the area depending on how many miles everyone wants to do that day.

Any and all are invited.....if the San Antonio and Austin crews want to meet us there that is about halfway , wouldnt be a bad Meet and Greet location for Houston, Austin and San Antonio.

Let me know ......I am really looking forward to it......   :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Re: Labor Day weekend Ride, Houston guys and anyone else in?

I live in NC...Would love to ride but just too far. If I only had a backrest, cruise control and a decent windshield... :(

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

ttt

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Hogthong, good to have you onboard. Since you will be coming out of SA you may want to make your own fun route, if not, let me know and I may have some suggestions.

I will post more info on specifics as we near the date......looking forward to it. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
195 Posts

no can do. my son is comming in from England with my new grandbaby.
they will get here on the 1st and will be staying tell the 8th i think.
maybe next time

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

George, you will be missed.......enjoy that grandbaby, that is what life is about.

PrOwl.....hope the boss gives you a :bigthumbsup: should be a good time.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Currently have BigBen on board , a Yamaha Road Star buddie , a Harley Heritage Sorftail Classic buddy/wife combo, maybe a Harley Electra Glide/wife neighbor , myself and possibly PrOwl on another 109......from Houston.

Hogthong coming from San Antonio to meet us ......

Anyone else? Will post time and meeting place on Thursday......and PM all involved.

·
Registered
195 Posts

Shriker
as you no i will not be able to make this one :swear: so someone else will have to take the photos
so to all that can make it have fun and be safe and don't forget the camera

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I will try to take some photos.....my wifey may be riding with us......so she may take some.....trying to get grandma to babysit the yungins......

·
Registered
684 Posts

Can't make it. The family and I are going to Baton Rouge, La. for the weekend, I will trailer the M109 over there. I will do some riding with couple of my Buds, they ride sport bikes. Happy Labor Day!! :doorag: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

OK , I think I have a decent route planned for a nice ride....

We are going to meet this Sunday , Sept. 3, at the IHop on the South side of I 10 West just outside of Beltway 8 west. You take the Kirkwood exit as you pass the I hop on your left , and then make the U turn and come back to it.

We are meeting at 9 AM and leaving around 9:30.....so if you want to eat Breakfast be there around 8:30 am.

We are heading out to Brookshire and then up to Pattison and take "racer road " toward Sealy then up through New Ulm and Frelsburg to Fayetteville where we can stop and rest or eat , right around 11am or so. If we wish we can go on to Warrenton to eat at "The Oaks" and then on through Roundtop and Shelby to Industry and Belville back toward Houston.......should get about 225-250 miles if we want it.

Hopefully the weather holds up nicely.......I will PM boardmembers that are known to be going......

Should have a GREAT day!!!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts

Man, I would love to!!!

But I am on call this weekend and can't leave town... :cop:

·
Registered
908 Posts

I didn't make it this morning due to the prediction of 60% chance of rain, but it didn't happen. I'm game for a ride in the morning. How 'bout it Prowl3r? Wanna do a quick meet about half way in Schulenburg? or Fayetteville again? I'll check back early in the morning.......

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Labor Day weekend Ride, GREAT DAY......

Had a GREAT ride yesterday......where were you guys!!!! Left west Houston with : Harley - Road King, Heritage Softail , Electra Glide, Sportster and Yamaha V Star 1700 and Road Star 1100 and last but FARTHEST from least......my M109R.

We did 200 miles going the route I had outlined up through Fayetteville......ate at a great little hole in Roundtop , headed back towards Belleville and hit a bar or two on the North west side before getting home to Grandma and the kids.

No rain at all and the 109 was awesome. Had the wife onboard ...... did the "$100 Backrest mod" (for about $150, retail, tall version) and it worked like a charm and looks factory awesome. Superb day all in all.

Man , the 109 absolutely DESTROYS big twin Hogs even when two up , guess that extra 40+ rwhp really makes a difference , hehehe.

Hope to go on another run in a few weeks........see you guys then...... :bigthumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts