M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I remembered this time to ask about an L shaped air valve when I got my new tire mounted. Cycle Gear has these special safety valves, $29.99 for a set!:eek: I drove a car in high school I bought for $50. It sure will be nice to check the air though. I also went with an E-3 240 that I got for $152 delivered from Dennis Kirk. Nobody around here can mount a mc tire larger than a 240 since the dealer went belly up. It just wasn't worth the hassle for 10 mm, especially if I needed tire service later.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that's a good price

I know I got ripped............that's what happens when you don't plan ahead.
Mine are approved for Marchessi wheels.....big whoop. At least they hold air.:D
At least I didn't pay $280 for an E3 250 and drive 100 miles round trip to the Victory dealer, my other option.

·
Registered
877 Posts
cycle gear mounted my 280 on...they said it was a 1st 4 that store...:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,864 Posts
I like the L shaped stems but it's hard to get dyna beads in them unless you do it before they are mounted on the bike. I can check the rear just fine with straight stems but the front is hard to get to.

CBR, I recall some showing pictures of the E3 240 and it didn't seem to bead out all the way to the rim like the stock 240 or E3 250 does. Did you notice that on yours?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

I like the L shaped stems but it's hard to get dyna beads in them unless you do it before they are mounted on the bike. I can check the rear just fine with straight stems but the front is hard to get to.

CBR, I recall some showing pictures of the E3 240 and it didn't seem to bead out all the way to the rim like the stock 240 or E3 250 does. Did you notice that on yours?
My hard bags are in the way, so I have to lay on the ground to even see the air valve. It makes putting on the caliper mount fun too.
Yes, it does look different than my last tire. The rim lip does stick out further. It only measured 1/4 inch narrower, and 1/8 inch shorter at the sidewall. I'm not sure I like the look at the rim, but it rides just great. Maybe it's my imagination, but the bike seemed noticeably lower and handled lighter. It tooks bumps fine too.
My E3 250 was worn quite bad in the middle, the top of Lincoln's head was showing on a penny.
At the rate I pick up nails and screws, I'll be looking for a new tire soon anyway.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts