M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These really look good on this bike to me. The shape goes along with the same design as the bike and are really comfortable. Easy to install. Had to put a spring washer between bolt and connector but that worked just fine and tightened it up like the pegs. Doug

·
Registered
164 Posts
I like this look. Did you have to install the Kuryakyn peg adapter? How did this mount to the stock location?
Thanks...

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Kuryakyn also makes a matching piece for the shifter...you pull off the old rubber and replace the new piece.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The adapters fit right in with the spring but you have to put a couple of spring washers on the bolt that goes through it with the C clamp on the end. They are somewhat loose without the spring washers.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Have you seen the ones with the part that swings out into a set of highway pegs? I think they are called the SwingWing. Anybody try those yet?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
the kury version are call Switchblades. someone on here has installed them. i think lamont said be cautious of the rear if you like to corner hard.

·
Registered
164 Posts
dbritton1963 said:
The adapters fit right in with the spring but you have to put a couple of spring washers on the bolt that goes through it with the C clamp on the end. They are somewhat loose without the spring washers.
Do you have the Kuryakyn part # for the adapter? I sure like that look.
Thanks...

·
Registered
101 Posts
They look great and comfy. I'd be worried about scraping in corners tho, im already draggin my stock pegs like there is no tomorrow. Notice any difference?

·
Registered
817 Posts
phaed said:
the kury version are call Switchblades. someone on here has installed them. i think lamont said be cautious of the rear if you like to corner hard.
The ones I saw didn't flip out to the back like Switchblades. I guess the SwingWings are not out yet, according to the web site.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
ahhh...those swing wings look awesome. they look like you can swing them out and in while riding. that'd be a great solution until forward controls come out.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Can you post some more pictures, I am interested in seeing what this does for the look of the bike...it's hard to picture from those extreme close-ups, sorry.

-Tim

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Waiting on my swingwings as we speak. should be in Tues or Wed I'll post a pic when there on. For general info I ordered them from J&P cycles. When you get a chance check out the new grips Kury is coming out with they are called widowmakers, They are sweet looking

·
Registered
817 Posts
lostrider said:
called Kuryakyn today 6/6 and was told that my swingwings are not available until Sept. or so.....
Just in time for the summer riding season! ::)

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Yea I know Kuryakyn is really on top of their game with release dates and J&P cycles is no good too they sent me the peg adapters and no pegs 19.99 for adapters and 16.99 + 1.50 handling fee seems like a great deal( lol) needless to say I am done with J&P cycles....Directline for me from now on....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts