M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a pretty good deal on a used Hypercharger from Ebay. Easy to install as you just use the old brackets and drill two holes in the hypercharger body. It was a little difficult to make the plumbing work smooth, but not too bad. It can be adjusted closer to the body, but I wanted it to have a "semi" ram air effect. As it sits now, it sticks out less than the stock intake crap. I was going to wait for Kuryakyn, but that would take forever.

Just waiting for the right side to come in now.

Here are a few picts.

http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=1502197&pid=3074180

Cheers,
Gene

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Very nice emvanderpol,
In my opinion, That's the best breather I've seen so far.
I have some questions for you, because I don't know much about hyperchargers.
1. What does a hypercharger do? What ever it does, does it do it well on the 109?
2. Have you seen an improvement in horsepower, or performance, or just the same?
3. Where did you buy it? Do all models fit the 109?

In my opinion, I wouldn't really care if it didn or didn't work. It looks "F^%&*[email protected]" Awesome !!!

:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
568 Posts
That is a very nice set-up. You did an excellant job of keeping it tucked in.
Canuk, He can not tell you anything about performance till the other side is on. What it does is it acts as a funnel to create a ram affect so more air is forced into the intake at higher speeds, thus more H.P. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Canuk said:
Very nice emvanderpol,
In my opinion, That's the best breather I've seen so far.
I have some questions for you, because I don't know much about hyperchargers.
1. What does a hypercharger do? What ever it does, does it do it well on the 109?
2. Have you seen an improvement in horsepower, or performance, or just the same?
3. Where did you buy it? Do all models fit the 109?

In my opinion, I wouldn't really care if it didn or didn't work. It looks "F^%&*[email protected]" Awesome !!!

:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

1) It allows more/cooler air for more HP/TQ
2) I'm sure it will. I have to wait to get the other side.
3) It's a one-off custom job. Not too difficult though.

The function is kind of cool. The butterfly valves (2) flutter as a function of the amount of trottle. I looks just like the butterfly valves that you see on a dragsters blower. Do a Google video search under Kuryakyn Hypercharger.

Cheers,
Gene

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Hal, are you and Lamont thinking about a hypercharger on Directline in the future?????

Emvanderpol, how much customizing did you do to get the first one in?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HalGreenlee said:
Did you have a problem with the slot that Kuryakyn has to let the water drip out?
I'm not sure but I think that all the hyperchargers are right sided i.e. the the large opening on the bottom will have to be on the top is you put it on the left side. As far as water, not much here in California, and I don't ride in the rain when it does. If I have to, It still shouldn't be a problem, unless it's a pretty bad down-pour.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bruno said:
How do you handle the butterflies? Do they just stay open all the time????
The butterfly valves are connected to a vacuum line that makes them flutter when at idle, and open even more when under acceleration. See Video

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Canuk said:
Hal, are you and Lamont thinking about a hypercharger on Directline in the future?????

Emvanderpol, how much customizing did you do to get the first one in?
Not much. You have to get a 90 degree turn w/in a small space. I got some flex tube to do the job.

G

·
Our bracket will allow you to do it but the Hyperchargers are not symetrical. They have a top and bottom designed to be mounted on the right side of a bike. You can mount it on the left but you are gonna have the drain slot showing on the top and you will need to add one to what is now the bottom. And the one mounted on the left may have to have other mods done to make it work right.

·
Registered
407 Posts
They will probably come out with a set for our bike someday.
I like the look but would like to have them mount up correctly.
:doorag:

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I like some of the air box's posted on this forum for our 109, however those hyperchargers just seem to fit the look, attititude, and stance of this bike best in my opinion.
If I had the time and ability to re-work them to fit on both sides correctly, I would do it.
So, it would be great if some day, these were available for both sides.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I've emailed Kuryakyn Sales and Support to ask if they are planning to make these fine units for our 109. I'll let you all know what the response is.
Am I alone here. Anyone else think these units just work with this bike..
:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
68 Posts
I like the looks, too. It does fit the attitude well.

BTW, what type or brand of pegs/boards are on your bike? :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
BilRad said:
I like the looks, too. It does fit the attitude well.

BTW, what type or brand of pegs/boards are on your bike? :bigthumbsup:
Those are aftermarket Yamaha Warrior foot-pegs.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Canuk said:
I've emailed Kuryakyn Sales and Support to ask if they are planning to make these fine units for our 109. I'll let you all know what the response is.
Am I alone here. Anyone else think these units just work with this bike..
:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
This was their response
"We will be making one but you might not see it until next summer!"

1 - 20 of 37 Posts