M109 Rider Forums banner

kuryakyn peg adaptor problem with spring

970 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  tino19625 
#1 ·
I just received the zombie pegs and adaptors for the m109r .....number one problem is that the adaptor doesn't let the spring from the original pegs fit inside it, it's just too tight. Thought about shaving either the inside of the adaptor or the spring a little but wanted to know others thoughts/fixes for this.....I also went back to the pic of the pegs with the adaptor on the direct line site and noticed it shows no spring in their picture.....thoughts on this? Number two problem is that the zombie peg doesn't seem to tighten up all the way to the adaptor....there seems to be a small gap where the thread ends.....any thoughts on this would be appreciated if others have had the same problem..

#2 ·
wouldn't worry bout the spring, or any of it. just tighten it up best as possible and go ride.

#3 ·
I fixed the gap problem, turned out it did get tighter once I put them on the bike.....nothing to do about the spring I don't think unless I shave it with a dremel, which I might do. Advice to anyone else who puts these on. Get d ring washers to put on to one side because the adapter is not quite as wide as the stock piece.

#4 ·
I kept the springs in my Kuryakyn stiletto pegs. I just tapped them in. But you're right they don't really fit. One ended up working out well, even with it being tapped in. The other one is in there, but doens't really work.
I might take them back out one day and dremel the spring or peg a little to make them fit better, but I'm also not too worried about them.
:bigthumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.