M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I contacted Kuryakyn for which grips they suggest for the M109 and they said model #6235. What say you all??? I have learned in the past that just because they say so, does not mean it is right. Have any of you installed them as of yet? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
yes that was the first thing i change sorry did not look at the number on them but they work and feel great i had them on my Vulcan and when i got the M109 i order the grips the same day hope that helps only took about 1/2 hour to install just make sure you read the directions on them..............hehehehehe

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
I put a set of Kuryakyn grips on mine. Don't know the number but they were the one's with the flames. Different one's than was shown in the thread. Fit great. I had a thumb controlled cruise on my factory grips and had to take a dremel and cut away the inside edge of the rubber that goes around the grip on the Kuryakyn grips because of the raised lip on the grip. Works great, as a matter of fact, it holds the speed better that when it was on the factory grip.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I put a set of #6235 on my bike about an hour ago. They fit well and look great.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Put them on mine too without the spike end caps.

Had to grind my throttle sleeve a little as it was to much volume and pushed the rubber out. Still getting used to the feel. They are quality pieces though.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I'm not too keen on the Kuryakyn for the 109. I have them on my Volusia, but I was thinking just Chrome Grips for the 109.
Anyone have Chrome on thier 9'ner?

·
Registered
74 Posts
How hard is it to take the stock grips off? Do you just pull them off or do you have to do something special? Thanks for any help. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
752 Posts
I just cut them off with a box cutter knife.

I couldn't get the plastic end pieces off of the throttle side and was afraid to take a hammer to them so I grabbed a 24volt battery powered circular saw.

I dremel would be more subtle :D

·
Registered
326 Posts
L-Train said:
I just cut them off with a box cutter knife.

I couldn't get the plastic end pieces off of the throttle side and was afraid to take a hammer to them so I grabbed a 24volt battery powered circular saw.

I dremel would be more subtle :D
Try an open end wrench and a hammer. Put the open end wrench around the handlebar and lightly tap the end cap off. Even more subtle then the dremel. It really doesn't take much.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Because these grips are chrome...I assume once they are on ... are they are on for good ?
As cutting chrome with a box cutter aint gonna happen....if infact they are metal and not plastic.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the same grips on mine and they are great. dbritton1963 is right I think they hold the speed better also. Could have used the tips about 2 weeks ago. I am a first time bike owner and all the advise and tips are awesome. :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts