M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can this model number work on the 109?I ordered them and it states that they fit the 109.It seems that everybody used model 6235.Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I spoke with a rep and they stated teh 6240 was a good fit for the 109. Mine shoud be here in a few days.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Shock may be right ,But i been writing down Numbers to things i like and on the Kuyakyn grip i have- Kur 6235 just a reply :D i have them ordered but still waiting :verymad: ---dealer :verymad: I will be ordering everything else I need threw Direct Line -BUMP the dealer :doorag:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Kury 6235 is the correct number for the grips.  I ran these grips for the first three months I owned the 109.  I have since removed them and went back to the original grips.  The Kury grip's were very uncomfortable and the caused severe fatigue in my right hand.

I prefer the stock grips because they are smaller in diameter, much more comfortable, and the rubber of the stock grips is sticky, which I like.

·
Registered
176 Posts
When I changed out my grips for Cool Sac grips last week I had some minor issues with the throttle side grip. When I test fitted the grip it wouldn't go on. The old grip when cut off has a plastic sleeve that has some ribs on it. This turns inside the throttle housing so you can't just cut it off. I used an 180 grit grinding disk and removed all of the plastic ribs without cutting into the rest of the plastic (sorry I didn't take any pics). Once I did this and could slide the grip onto the plastic throttle sleeve at least half way I put on the glue and pushed it home. Just have some clean up materials handy as the glue is really hard to get off plastic chrome parts. If I did it over again I would have taped plastic bags to any parts I didn't want glue to get on. Also if you use the grinding disk cover anything up that you don't want little plastic dust to adhere to. Vacuum it all up before removing the covering materials.

Good luck

·
Registered
543 Posts
I had same problem with the ribs,so I used a 41/2" grinder and wacked them off.Also use liquid nail for glue,just let it set up over night.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts