M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody tried the Switch Baldes on the 109 I have emailed the guys to see if theymake it for the 109 but no responce yet ... Any of you Guys ever used these pegs on ay other cruisers or are they just a waste of time I kinda like the idea of the heel rest without having the full running Board

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link :bigthumbsup: but doesnt look like anything for the time being oh well trash the stockers until theother come out

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Xhiler8r said:
Has anybody tried the Switch Baldes on the 109 I have emailed the guys to see if theymake it for the 109 but no responce yet ... Any of you Guys ever used these pegs on ay other cruisers or are they just a waste of time I kinda like the idea of the heel rest without having the full running Board
I've had them on two bikes and I hate them. If you grind around a turn they will fold out and then they hit real hard on the next turn. ::) I tend to grind pegs for some reason. ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
I put the switchblades on my 109 a month ago and love them. Trust me when I say I do a lot of tight cornering (every weekend at the Tail of the Dragon). The beauty of the pegs are that you simply push the blade shut with your foot when you are in a area you need the clearance, then when you are back on the highway you pull them open with your toe.

I love them and they were a simple bolt on 10 minute project. I do not have the number for the adapters but you can call Kuriyakan and they will tell you.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
sailor34957 said:
I put the switchblades on my 109 a month ago and love them. Trust me when I say I do a lot of tight cornering (every weekend at the Tail of the Dragon). The beauty of the pegs are that you simply push the blade shut with your foot when you are in a area you need the clearance, then when you are back on the highway you pull them open with your toe.

I love them and they were a simple bolt on 10 minute project. I do not have the number for the adapters but you can call Kuriyakan and they will tell you.
So how do you keep them from opening up when you drag them? ::)

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
I have them on my 109 and i am somewhat disappointed for the same reason Lamont has stated. i have noticed that kuryakan does have a different type of "Switchblade" not sure of the name but they open from the top and fold outward to give a higher foot rest position like a highway peg i believe i seen them in the JP Cycle catalog, Just one thing if you are going to put the switchblades on be sure to put some lock tite where the adaptor and the peg meet to keep them from spinning. hope this helps

G

·
I am not very happy with mine, I am sending them back.

The ISO adapter does not fit on mine and I can't get them tight enough to prevent them from spinning.

They need to be mounted with a splined adapter and not he ISO one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought the drivers iso wing gl 1800, item # kur-4453. I like them except they are adjustable and i cannot get them to stay put .. i think they may even have a detent at different positions,but no matter how tight i think i have them ...a little weight on the back end and they move.... can't have that... i hope that direct will take them back. i don't have the orig. card they came in all i have are the parts.... i feel like they will at least give me store credit and that will be OK...

·
Registered
93 Posts
I put the stiletto's on my bike and I love the looks of them . When I put them on I put some lock-tite on the threads and so far they are still tight .I would like to have some for the rear pegs though . Does anyone what adapters to use for the rear ?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Lamonster said:
So how do you keep them from opening up when you drag them? ::)
No problem with the photos. Hope you can see everything OK.

After I close them my heel on my shoe keeps them from opening when I drag. I have leaned so far I have scratched the bottoms of my pipes and the frame mount without them coming open. It is not something I do on purpose, just happens. Here are some photos of the Pegs and grips I put on without any modifications. The grips have the helmet locks on the ends

http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=1181478&pid=2373419&myphotos=1
http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=1181478&pid=2373408
http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=1181478&pid=2373406

Never had to add spacers of any type of mods for both parts. They work great. When I put them on I used a wrench handle to tighten the allen bolt. You might trie that.

By the way I have pretty much worn off the button on the pegs so will have to come up with a replacement bolt or something so I can open the heel rest.  :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts