M109 Rider Forums banner

Kury Switchblades

5K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  ChiWaWa 
#1 ·
My question to you guys who have the Kuryakyn Switchblades is.....do they really provide THAT different of a riding position? I am thinking of buying some new pegs and putting them on for my 5 hour trip to the 2013 MAM and I want to know if they are really worth the money. When I first saw these pegs I thought they looked really interesting and liked the look but after really taking a look at my foot placement on my stock pegs I'm wondering if they would be worth the money to put on. Can anyone help? It would also be really nice if someone could post a pick of what their foot looks like on the peg with the blade extended. I can't seem to find a pic anywhere on the internet.

Automotive lighting Automotive design Liquid Auto part Automotive exterior

See less See more
#2 ·
#11 ·
Can't find pic

Hey thanks for trying to help bud, but I cannot seem to find out how to "go back a few pics" using that link you sent. I even went through about 500 pictures on that website and just can't seem to find the pic you are talking about if you can find it can you please just post it to this thread?

#3 ·
Sorry those are not the switch blades on that m I realize that mistake when I went back and looked better at the pic you posted . Now if I could recall the name of those ! They are kuryk units though

#4 · (Edited)
My question to you guys who have the Kuryakyn Switchblades is.....do they really provide THAT different of a riding position? I am thinking of buying some new pegs and putting them on for my 5 hour trip to the 2013 MAM and I want to know if they are really worth the money. When I first saw these pegs I thought they looked really interesting and liked the look but after really taking a look at my foot placement on my stock pegs I'm wondering if they would be worth the money to put on. Can anyone help? It would also be really nice if someone could post a pick of what their foot looks like on the peg with the blade extended. I can't seem to find a pic anywhere on the internet.

View attachment 86362
these should be a litt le more comfortable than stocks. i had swing arms which opened up an did couple 2-3 hours ride your feet gets tired. I would personally recommend that you beg borrow or steal and get a floor boards you will thank then for years to come. For double the price its comfort for life. I have custom worlds floor boards and certain time i find it hard to let my foot drop around there is too much damn room for it to move lol. just added a flames on engine guard man you can stretch long and not worry or just sit straight. I would say go floor boards there are couple for 350$ -400 worth every damn penny.:bigthumbsup: five hours ride will be a breeze.

here is a cheap alt.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kuryakyn-Ch...Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c3306977a&vxp=mtr

#9 ·
Boards

Great, thanks for the info. How do floor boards affect cornering? Do they seem to drag a little more than the stock pegs? Do you personally know anyone who has those mini boards? I wear a size 13 shoe and I'm wondering how my foot is gonna fit on that.

#5 ·
swing wings

They move the opened area farther up and out

#6 ·
Kdubishere, I will take a picture of my switch blades and the foot placement tomorrow and post it. I like them a lot. I find that they do help by giving me another leg/foot position on long freeway rides. I personally don't feel too comfortable in the twisties with that foot position, so it is nice to be able to switch back to the peg set up. As straight pegs, I find them more comfortable than the OEM pegs as well.

Russell

#7 ·
I have the Kury switch blades, I like them, they are very comfy on long rides. It gives you that cruising stand-up position. Also it gives you the option if you don't care much for front floor boards. Hope this helps. You do need to buy specific bike adapters fro them.:bigthumbsup:

Attachments

#10 ·
Here are some pics of the switchblades. Sorry, it is hard to get a good picture of your own foot on the pegs. The first picture shows my foot position with the peg opened. The second shows my foot position with the pegs closed. The third shows the orientation that i have the peg set to. You can rotate this to whatever angle works for you, so you could go more horizontal if you choose. For reference, I wear a size 12 sneaker.

#12 ·
ThanKs

Man I can't thank you enough! That is exactly the picture I was looking for! So it looks to me that the switchblades almost act like a mini footboard with the ability to fold them up and have a standard feeling peg.

#13 ·
I had them and recommend them. It is nice to have a different position to go to. I usually didn't leave them folded out for a long time. Just long enough to get the blood going again.

With these, my Rivco highway pegs and my Corbin seat I was all sorts of comfy on long rides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 ·
Forgot to add that in the peg position they are much more comfy than the stock pegs. The stock pegs would give me a hot spot on the bottom of my foot after a while. No such issues with these.

And like was said the cornering clearance is better with them folded in. So you get the best of both worlds!

#22 ·
ro you will love the extra dollars you spend now. everyone has difference of opinion but reality is floor boards are the ****zz for drive. here is few pics of mine. It was more of a war here when i was buying few others offered me more after i purchased it lol.

I am size 11.

brake lever

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.