M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had Kuraykan Grips installed today on my 9. They work great and are very comfortable. Has anyone else installed them and are you satisfied?

·
Registered
752 Posts
Installed them 2nd day.

Don't like the feel as much as everyone else but they look cool. People ask about them.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Bullie said:
I had Kuraykan Grips installed today on my 9. They work great and are very comfortable. Has anyone else installed them and are you satisfied?
I don't have the cool gif so I gotta type it: This Thread Is Worthless Without Pics!! :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry guys I saw the other threads after I posted mine. But thanks for diercting me to the right place.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
muahman said:
I don't have the cool gif so I gotta type it: This Thread Is Worthless Without Pics!! :)
Muahman. just glick on the more button next ro the dude with the bandana and you will have this

:nopic:

And others

:hot: :yikes: :beer3: :2cool: :welcome:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Are they the standard grips for Suzuki?

I rode all day today and my throttle hand is killing me. I hate the OEM Boulevard grips. My C90T was the same way.

Anyone that did it themselves want to post a "How To:"?

I briefly looked them over but was not sure how to get the OEM left hander loose.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I really like the look and feel of these grips. Although I haven't installed them yet on my bike I sure plan on doing it soon! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Hess said:
I just cut the rubber off on the left side with a good knife then use a lockjaw and turn the left chrome end to the left! It turns the opposite way. Then sand the old glue off and clean with thinner. Takes about 5 min to get it off
I really hate to destroy the old grips if I can help it. Wonder if a strap wrench would get it off?

Ordered new Kuraykan grips with Throttle Boss and M109R graphite tank protector from Oneida Suzuki last night.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Installed the new grips and didn't put a scratch on the old one.

Now I have (2) sets of OEM Boulevard grips. Time to sell on eBay.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Del-

There is another post about replacing the grips, but the short of it is to pop off the plastic end caps and then push a thin long screwdriver under the grip to work it off. I would also suggest that you place the throttel side on first so you can match the angle on the clutch to the throttle side when installed. Nothing like a little planning.
Enjoy the grips, much better than stock.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts