M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys Just wanted to take a minute to let everyone know how great these lowering bones are. Jason Z does an unbelievable job on these bones. When I received my bones on Friday I was very impressed with the workmanship on these bones. They are super beefy and machined to perfection. I put them on today Saturday. Install took all of an hour with the simple directions Jason supplied and some tips from guys on the board who did the install already. Took the bike out for a spin and I have to say the handling did not suffer in the least. I am not super aggressive in the turns and twisties but I don't baby her either! There were no issues with scraping or unsteady handling at all. I am very happy with this mod. I previously cut away all that plastic plate crap in the back and went with silver bullets in my fender struts for signals and a vertical cats eye plate mount. Now instead of that jacked up sport bike look I have a low lean cruiser. I recommend this mod to all who want that low look. Before you all kill me with "this thread is worthless without pics" (which I agree with) I have to tell you I will fix anything on my bike but computer savvy I am not. So I will get my daughter to help me download some pics on Monday. I am heading to Marcus dairy Super Sunday tomorrow in CT. so I will try pics on Monday. Again thanks to Jason for a great mod and truly professional workmanship. Ray

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'll 2nd that!

I installed mine this moring too...hell-of-a difference!

billh

Â

·
Registered
181 Posts
Great feedback about the lowering links. I have a set of links from Jason that I will be installing once my 250 Dunlop rear tire and braided steel brake lines arrive.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Just some input about the posts with "This thread is worthless without pics. Once should surfice! Reminds me of some school kid having to write over and over on a black board IMHO!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
toneout said:
I gotta agree! I love 'em and I think my bike looks bad ass!

Is that a "home brewed" side mount holder? Looks great and has a angle which compliments the hub and wheel :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
toneout said:
Yep, home brew.
Nice job! I'm in the process of fabricating one from polished stainless. I want to mount the plate horizontal and have indirect lighting on the plate from the fender well. Looked at some LCD lights which are for windshield washers which project a nice beam of light. With this type of setup I don't have to route wires along the drive shaft housing.

·
Registered
96 Posts
lostrider and others: Thank you all so very much for the kind words. It really makes me happy that someone goes out of their way to post their satisfaction with a product. You all are stand up guys. Thank you again for your patience in recieving, and for your business :D

·
Registered
55 Posts
yes they fit like glove and it was about 25 min to put them on.Left the shock in factory settings rode the bike 200 miles yesterday with wife and think it even rides better then before .would recemmed his bones to even the pickest guys out there.....waited on jason make other stuff for the 09nr.....

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hey Bob109, That low profile rear looks so sweet , I Think Jason Z. will be hearing from me soon.... nice

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
OK All of you that say they are great, can we hear which ones you installed? There were/are 2 sizes right?

PS are any of you guys extra large size?

Sledzep

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I installed the the 2 1/2 "s that Jason has been putting out there. I am 5 11" 195. Even if your a big guy you should be able to just dial the setting up on your shock and that shold take care of any issues. I just returned from a 200 mile trip and the bike rode and handle great. I too think that she handles even better than stock and the look is bad azz....I will try and post some pics tomorrow. I guess Texas 109 didn't read my whole post on my lack of computer savvy...sorry about no pics I'll try monday....but someone was kind enough to post some pics on this post .....Thanks Ray

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
billh1943 said:
I'll 2nd that!

I installed mine this moring too...hell-of-a difference!

billh
Wow! Looks awesome Bill. I was seriously considering ordering some before this, now I am DEFINITELY ordering some! I assume they are easy to install if you have a bike lift, right? I have one. Awesome!! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
sledzep01 said:
OK All of you that say they are great, can we hear which ones you installed? There were/are 2 sizes right?
There were initially plans to make different sizes, but the 2 1/2" ones are the only ones being sold right now. Seems not enough demand for just a minimal lowering. Also, seeing he's talking of discontinuing production all together after 10 batches have been made, I'm gonna guess that no other sizes will be available from him.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I ordered some just yesterday. He said to expect them to ship in about a month!! :eek:
Oh well, at least I know they will be on the way eventually. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts