M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered the much talked about Brakeaway Cruise Control device from Direct Line. During the installation, I dropped one of the itsy, bitsy, tiny little stainless steel screws and it was no where to be found. Rather than bothering Hal with it, I contacted Brakeaway directly by e-mail. Within an hour I received a response that they would send me one at no charge. Within two days I received a complete set of 4 all at no charge. It may sound like a little thing, but this was not their fault, and I offered to pay for it.

Customer service is something that many companies have long forgotten today. When a company services their clients, I for one, make sure people hear about it. BTW and I have posted this already, the product is awesome, I love this cruise control device. I wish I had known about it years ago.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I wish i dropped mine instead of breaking the head off tightening it!! S.O.B.

oh well 3 should hold it. Hopefully my grips never wear out!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hellrazr,
Sorry bro, I am still working on posting pictures. Computer challenged. Here is the link to Hal's website showing one installed. it is not on a 109, but the unit is the same. http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=6105&str=290&ID=240334548

I can't say enough good things about this device. You can turn it on/off manually with your right thumb and you can click it off with a quick pull on the right brake lever. You can adjust it a hundred and one ways. It is all stainless stell and the fit and finish are awesome. It is more expensive than just about all the others on the market, but it is also the nicest IMO.

·
Registered
443 Posts
That is such a great story! It's good to know that there is still some good companies out there. When I choose to do that mod., I will go with them! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Bruno said:
I recently ordered the much talked about Brakeaway Cruise Control device from Direct Line. During the installation, I dropped one of the itsy, bitsy, tiny little stainless steel screws and it was no where to be found. Rather than bothering Hal with it, I contacted Brakeaway directly by e-mail. Within an hour I received a response that they would send me one at no charge. Within two days I received a complete set of 4 all at no charge. It may sound like a little thing, but this was not their fault, and I offered to pay for it.

Customer service is something that many companies have long forgotten today. When a company services their clients, I for one, make sure people hear about it. BTW and I have posted this already, the product is awesome, I love this cruise control device. I wish I had known about it years ago.
:hot: :beer3: :beer2: :clap2: :a18: :2cool: :#1: :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I installed mine with Kuryakyn grips. You have to use dishwashing soap to lube up the grip to slide the housing over the grip, but other than that it works great. Directions are very complete.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Bruno said:

This post is so funny, I did exactly the same thing and they sent me a pack of screws (well it was only 2 of them) but yah, they deffinately know what excellent customer service is and I love my BrakeAway Cruise Control

·
Registered
323 Posts
Should do a post about who didn't drop one of those little suckers. :joke: I dropped one and thought it had disappeared into the engine area. Found it as I finished the install. Good idea to work in bare feet. I found it by steping on it. :bigthumbsup:

I have lost one of the little bolts out of the end of my kuryakyn iso grips. Might send them an email and see if they are as good as Brakeaway. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Great customer service is good to hear, all too often we like to complain about the crappy service we get and often overlook when folks stand behind their products and go that extra uncalled for mile. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts