M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
I for one have used it and it worked out great...in one instance I used it to black out a windscreen (painting the inside) and it turned out great :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I've used it too and it was great, if you're hoping to try and color match tho... don't bother... I tried that and it was close but that's about it... otherwise great product!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've used it too and it was great, if you're hoping to try and color match tho... don't bother... I tried that and it was close but that's about it... otherwise great product!! :bigthumbsup:
Gloss black is what I'm after. I want to paint the new trailer I built recently. The plastic box is grey in colour but I'd prefer it matching the bike. When I search for "spray painting flexible plastic", this Krylon stuff comes up frequently. Some sorta molecular bonding with the plastic to prevent peeling and cracking.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is a great product, I painted (gloss black) the front fender, hand guards, and side panels on my Kawasaki KLR 650 and they came out great. Keep in mind to give it about 12 hours to completely dry.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I had lost the back of my passenger side mirror on my car. I called the dealer and they said a painted one was about $200 but an unpainted one was $23... which one do you I think I took??

Color of my car is called polished pewter I think, anyway, went into WalMart and found a can that I thought the color would be really close... well it wasn't really close but was good enough for now.

I think if you're going black that's a pretty easy color to match so you'd be ok, if you were looking to match the 07 Sanoma Red or something like that it probably wouldn't happen.

Make sure you post pics when you're done!!!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,860 Posts
I've used it on a lot of plastics and never had a problem. It even works great on metal. I'm sure there is a plastic somewhere it won't bond to, but I haven't found it yet.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I used it on the flares and snorkel on my jeep, mud and everything gets on it and it still holds up great.
I am going to repaint the black on my Avalanche with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have not found a better plastic paint..
I can't agree with this more. I have used it on various applications ranging from interior panels, pc's, game consoles, fairings, etc. This stuff will stick to just about anything. Don't forget your clear coat!

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
It works great and holds up well. But if what you are looking for is a perfect match, you will have to add the blue pearl to it. I think that is what is used also. I had a local body shop match the stock paint up really good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts