M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, so much for turning them down on uninsured drivers...Mine was knocked down by a guy who swears he didn't see it while PARKED!!!I got his license plate # and got info from his California driver license but I think I'm still SOL...Tank is dinged, clutch lever broken and shifter bent, my hemet saved the rear end...but helmet needs to  be replaced now...then to kick a guy while he is down, my Dad passed away on Friday...

·
Registered
386 Posts
He left before you could call the police? I'm confused. First off, glad you are ok. I've never understood why its supposed to be against the law to drive without insurance but so many do it and don't seem to get in trouble

·
Registered
679 Posts
My condolenses on the passing of your Father. Our prayers are with you. Don't worry about the bike it can be fixed. I can offer you stock mirrors if you need them. I am in Laguna Niguel. Let me know if I can help.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Sorry to hear about your Dad passing away.
I think anyone that drives a car or rides a bike that causes an accident and doesn´t have insurance should spend at least a year in jail. In Germany the tag agency gets a notice from the insurance company when your vehicle is no longer insured  and you can bet your a$$ they will come and pull the plates :bigthumbsup:(actually they take the validation stickers off the  tags the plates stay on) which sticks out like a sore thumb when a cop is behind you. They don´t have no sense of humor when it comes to that. The only problems we have are the neighbors, i.e Poland, Cz,
Hungary, and Bulgaria ::)   

·
Registered
386 Posts
I overlooked the most important part of your post, sorry for your loss. Thats the toughest thing I've ever gone through. Hang in there

G

·
Sorry about your Dad bro. Like the others said the bike is secondary. Prayers for you and your family for peace during this time. Everything will work out. It is hard to see your baby a little messed up but in time all things will be back together. I am out of take off parts, but if I had any, they would be yours. Best wishes.

·
Registered
775 Posts
my condolences, bro. my prayers go to you and your family. i got mirrors, pegs, and grips if you need them. let me know, and they'll be on their way. in fact, i got a set of kury duallies i'm not using. i liked the zombies better. yours if you want them.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Prayers for you and yours with your grief. Hang in there it does get better. Tell that guy a law suit will cost him more if he doesnt fix it. You know where he lives.. lets ALL pay a visit...hehehe

·
Registered
665 Posts
Sorry for the loss of your Dad Bro. Don't sweat the bike,it will get fixed up,hang in there! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Stinky Pinky said:
Prayers for you and yours with your grief. Hang in there it does get better. Tell that guy a law suit will cost him more if he doesnt fix it. You know where he lives.. lets ALL pay a visit...hehehe
That might work for some but I didn't want to stir the pot too much...uninsured hispanic...I could sue but I don't need a burro....

·
Registered
476 Posts
Sorry about your father, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I would still do something with the A- hole driver, otherwise he just gets away with it and may do it or something worse to someone else. It doesn't hurt to stir the pot when you are in the right, other wise you and every other law abiding person and the law itself is just relagated to zip.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss and may you and yours rest assured that our condolences are with you.

:cop: :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Dude I can't imagine losing my father. I am truely sorry.

As for the uninsured Hispanic, I say take the burro and ride that ass.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Condolences on the loss of your father -- I still miss mine now and again after 20 years.

The bike will rise again. On the shifter -- mine was bend on a drop from the kickstand on a slight grade -- my stupidity, but the point is I just bent it back with my foot. It was no big deal.

·
Registered
277 Posts
So sorry about the loss of your father, our prayers are with you.

A friend of mine was run into by an uninsured hispanic but she got his tag number. Long story short, a sheriffs deputy friend of hers paid a visit to the man and he came up with the cash to fix her car.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts