M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally had a little break in my work schedule to have some fun in the garage. I backlit my new Ducks intakes, and installed the Knight Rider Blue LEDs under the passenger seat cowl. Looks pretty cool. You can't see the actual LEDs, just the glow coming out. Pretty bright too! Can't wait to try it out when the snow melts!

On a side note, I noticed alot of people have been buying their kits off a guy on ebay named Rainey something or other and have been paying upwards of $80 or so. I got mine from the seller favorhk and it only cost me $15 including shipping. Comes with a keychain remote and module if you want to use it to turn the lights on and off. I bypassed that and just have all mine going to a switch. The unit does more than just the knight rider back and forth pattern. It does several. You just touch the yellow wire to positive to change the pattern and it remembers it when you turn it off and back on. It's got one that makes all of the LEDs go dim, and slowly get bright and repeats, almost like the beast is breathing. Pretty slick! Only thing is it does not have any instructions. I mounted mine by drilling a few tiny holes in three spots around the inside lip of the fender and used zipties spaced in between the LEDs. Worked great! Give it a shot! For $15 you can't go wrong!

Len, thanks again. They look great. I'll send pics like you described once the rest of the parts come back from paint. Ride safe guys and girls!

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Oh badass!!!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
300 Posts
nice:bigthumbsup: i hate when people post stuff like this cuz it makes me want mods more every time i see them :nojoke:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice:bigthumbsup: i hate when people post stuff like this cuz it makes me want mods more every time i see them :nojoke:
Haaa! I hear ya bro! Just take it little by little. I am lucky enough to have a painter that doesn't mind letting me send him a few parts at a time. I would never have been able to afford it any other way.

·
Registered
488 Posts
THat is a great price, so now I can actually afford some Knight rider lights. One problem, I can't seem to find the seller. Could you post a link to him or something more detailed.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Gee Bobby, your bike has changed a great deal since I've seen it... looks nice!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes...at least Rainey's Knight Rider light is. A simple click of the remote changes the light pattern and/or the speed.

I don't think the speed is adjustable on this one. Rainey may have me beat on that one, but the speed is ok with me. It has 5 or 6 other patterns, I can't remember for sure because I had no intention of using them.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
THat is a great price, so now I can actually afford some Knight rider lights. One problem, I can't seem to find the seller. Could you post a link to him or something more detailed.
M109SA found him. His post is below with the link. If he doesn't have any currently on there, give him a day or two to put it back. Bigtigga just ordered one last night, and if some of you are getting them he may just not be keeping up with them. Hope they work out for you!

M109SA - "At the original poster, is this the seller --> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5050-...ht_5848wt_1030

One auction is ending with a bid of $5 so I'll bid just for the hell of it...

Bugger - he won't ship to Australia :-( "

1 - 20 of 62 Posts