M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put these on my bike a couple of weeks ago - the reach is much further and it seems that the clutch disengages earlier in pull (if that makes sense). I like the look regardless, anyone using these - have any comments??

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
wear a hard hat when working on your bike. Ive heard of some nasty head wounds while standing up and forgetting they are there.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have very similar ones and love them , I don't mind the slight extra reach, it is actually more comfy for me that way. I didn't notice any difference at all in function. Maybe made by someone else:dontknow:

Oh and yes I have drew blood working on my bike , or just washing it. The day I installed them I had a nice gash on my forehead. I have learned since then

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rock, the risers bring everything back 2" and use the stock cables - I changed the brakes to steel braided though, now I just need to get the rest in steel.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,086 Posts
You can try this to help with the reach on the clutch side. It's just a plastic push pin inserted in the cable groove. It moves the lever back a little closer to the grip, and you can use something thicker to adjust it as needed. You'll need to readjust your free play afterwards.

Great looking bike too, lots of bling on those bars! :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
the levers look great:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
48 Posts
:congrats: Bike look good!!! I have some similar too. I didnt like the sharp point on those so chose the holes pair. I did notice the slight ditance change in the cluth but I just had to get use to it. I did have a problem with my brake lever engaging the primer so I took it off and put the drimmer tool to it and filed it down a bit.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I think they look great Tom, and I just noticed that the cut out designs on them kinda match the design of my RC "Savage" wheels. Oh, you're whole bike is full of bling. :D:bigthumbsup:

Still waiting to see the "other" pic on a different thread.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
they look great. i have been looking for some that bring the lever back towards me. ive got kinda small hands..........

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
You can try this to help with the reach on the clutch side. It's just a plastic push pin inserted in the cable groove. It moves the lever back a little closer to the grip, and you can use something thicker to adjust it as needed. You'll need to readjust your free play afterwards.

Great looking bike too, lots of bling on those bars! :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

Never thought of this. I might actually do this on my clutch and see how it feels.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts