M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to install the Kissan Self Cancelling turn signal module.
I've had this thing for over a year now, and never got around to doing this mod.

Anyway, I'm reading over the directions, and they are somewhat confusing. On one section it tells me to cut the lt blue wire going to the signal relay. Then further into the instructions is says to cut the lt blue with black dots wire.

So I opened her up, found the relay, and notice 2 blue wires, one solid blue, the other blue with black stripe. Looking at the service manual, it appears both of these wires are for the side-stand relay, and not the signal relay.

If anyone has installed one of these, I'd really like to know which wire you cut. It's so tight in there, that if I cut the wrong wire, it would be a serious PITA to get it connected back together properly.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I some times forget to turn my turn signal off I have this bad habit of looking where I am going and not watching my flasher It can be very dangerous to ride through A intersection with A signal on and send the wrong message to on comming traffic I intend to install this type of unit in the future better to be safe than DEAD!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Since when have we started criticizing others mods? I see mods on others bikes that look hideous but I certainly don't say anything. This guy would like automatic canceling signals, what's wrong with that? :dontknow:

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Since when have we started criticizing others mods? I see mods on others bikes that look hideous but I certainly don't say anything. This guy would like automatic canceling signals, what's wrong with that? :dontknow:
:doh:
Apparently you have a self cancelling sense of humor, and that's a horrible mod IMHO.
and apparently you didn't see the :joke: that I added on my post:dontknow:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Good sense of H U M O R !

:nojoke::nojoke::nojoke::nojoke:

Anyone who monitors this board knows you have to have a great sense of H U M O R !
:nojoke::nojoke::nojoke::nojoke:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
:joke::joke::joke::agree::joke::joke::joke: Too funny.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've ridden bikes with and with out them. Pretty much all of my recent bikes came with them, and I honestly believe this is one of those features all bikes should have. I have no problem turning them off on my own, but given the choice, I'd prefer not to.

I think that a flagship model should come with self-canceling signals, whether you use them or not. Which is why I'm putting them in.

Whether or not you agree with self-canceling signals really doesn't matter much to me. I made this post hoping someone could offer some help.

BTW, I don't mind the jokes either, free entertainment. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts