M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hmm... slight typo

I doubt that the Sportster 1200 Roadster (04) has 674.4 HP. That would be one heck of a speed demon.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Your right, I won't take it as gospel. I don't believe they are numbers you can even trust. Check out the Harley sportster numbers 674.4 horse power at 6000 rpm? If it said 4.4 I would believe it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Having recently taken a Triumph Rocket and Suzuki M109 both for rides. I felt the Triumph had superior performance and handled very well. The Suzuki was impressive too and certainly won in the looks department. It also felt a lot lighter and nimble in traffic. Both bikes weigh almost the same. Its just rider impression! The area the Rocket kills everything I have ever ridden is the torque. Off the line there is not much difference between the Vrod,V-max,M109 and the Rocket. But look at the 60-80mph top gear roll ons. The Rocket is nearly 1 sec quicker than the vrod and quicker then the max. No data on the M109. With 142lb-ft at 2500rpm it hauls from idle any gear. I found for blistering overtaking I simple wound on the throttle on the Rocket without any need to down change gears. On the M109 I was constantly clicking back to 4th or 3rd at 60mph. I must say the Suzi had a lot less buffet at hwy speeds than the Rocket due to the large headlight scroud. I say Rocket king in performance. Suzuki next in performance but a lot more pleasing to the eye!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Motorcyclist magazine has been around a long time and believe me, those numbers are pretty darn good for comparing bikes statistics. The use the same dyno and correct dyno and even quarter mile times so everything is as apples to apples as it can be given they cant test everything all at once.

They are a reasonably reputable mag .......

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
GVOXX said:
Your right, I won't take it as gospel. I don't believe they are numbers you can even trust. Check out the Harley sportster numbers 674.4 horse power at 6000 rpm? If it said 4.4 I would believe it!
My boss has a dyno sheet he got for his sporty it put out right at 64hp ......... his is a 02 1200 sportster sport (has high compression heads , dual plugs and bigger cams than the regular sporty) for what thats worth :bigthumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts