M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So there I was in Kansas (rte 50 somewhere) putting gas in my Dodge on my way back to NM from Ohio when this nice looking HD pulls up at the pump behind me. We chat a bit and he asks me what kinda bike I have in the back of my pickup. I tell him its an 07 M109R LE Suzuki and then he asks how much money I have tied up in the custom work- I smiled and told him its mostly stock. His eyes lit up and he exclaimed 'NO WAY'

I gave him torque and hp figures and of the price new and he couldnt believe it-told me his cost twice as much and much less power.

Just then 3 guys walk out of the gas station *walk right past his bike without looking* and start leaning on my old Dodge while going on and on how sweet my bike was and many questions along with...

The HD rider, who was a nice guy to be honest, gave me a weak smile and wave as he rode off.....

Every stop I made along my trip had people asking questions about the 9 in the back of my pickup. My favorite line from one guy was "With so much money in that custom bike, no wonder you cant afford a new truck!" I just smiled and said 'yep, its tuff'....lol....

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
after having dealt with some harley dealers myself when my brother wanted to buy one... i refuse to feel sorry for anyone who gets suckered into buying one. they wont even tell you the price on one of their bikes until they know how much you have to spend:mad: as far as I'm concerned ...PHUK 'em.

P.S.
Good to see you back on the board Burnin:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
You must felt pretty good about it... It happened to me when I first saw the bike and knew from that day I had to have one!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Stuff like that makes me feel good about my purchase, I didn't follow "the pack" and I got a good deal on my 9. Have fun and glad your trip went well. You should've called when you came through and I would have cooked ya some Missouri BBQ.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Stuff like that makes me feel good about my purchase, I didn't follow "the pack" and I got a good deal on my 9. Have fun and glad your trip went well. You should've called when you came through and I would have cooked ya some Missouri BBQ.
Well that's nice JD. So you also cook??No french cuisine by the way? :joke:

Yeah. Definitely have to love this bike. The looks and the power are worth every single penny

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
what he said..:agree:

i live like 7 miles off of 50. depending were you are on it.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Aaaaaaahahahahahaha, that was a great story!!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Well our bikes are very unique looking and are not the cookie cutter "cruisers" that HD makes by the boatloads. Having said that my GF bike gets just as much looks if not more than my 9 when we stop. :eek: It's a totally custom painted Bobber with a springer front end. It's the complete opposite of my bike. So the old school guys look at her bike and don't pay any attention to mine. Then the younger guys (muscle cruiser/sportbike crowd) drool over mine and give me a thumbs up.

I'm just glad I don't ride an electic glide or something like that.

The only thing I feel bad about is the poor bastards that pay $25k- $35k for a bike thinking it's a good deal.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Well our bikes are very unique looking and are not the cookie cutter "cruisers" that HD makes by the boatloads. Having said that my GF bike gets just as much looks if not more than my 9 when we stop. :eek: It's a totally custom painted Bobber with a springer front end. It's the complete opposite of my bike. So the old school guys look at her bike and don't pay any attention to mine. Then the younger guys (muscle cruiser/sportbike crowd) drool over mine and give me a thumbs up.

I'm just glad I don't ride an electic glide or something like that.
Hey Nathan, sell your 9 and get a Goldwing! :bigthumbsup:

You'll get some looks then for sure.......whataya stupid looks! LOL

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Hey Nathan, sell your 9 and get a Goldwing! :bigthumbsup: You'll get some looks then for sure
Hey I'm just being honest. I think her bike gets more looks than mine. Remember all those guys at the gas station in Brevard, NC? Those older Harley dudes were loving on her bike and rightfully so. Then at the stop light to turn north on 276 a guy motioned to her if he could take a pic. from his cell phone of her bike. There's an old school contingent out there that likes that style of bike. Heck I like old school bobbers myself.

But like I said the younger crowd typically thinks our 9's are awesome! By younger I'm talking 40 or so and down.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Love your story Burnin , I have had Simliar exchanges , my favorite this year was a rather large older guy that has just pulled up to a gas station
whlile i was fillin up the Gmc pickup , he walks up and says ,"You Won't put many miles on it that way " pointin at the Bike in the back
we talked for a while ,Turns out he was the Sheriff of that County, retired,
i really enjoyed that chat
Like Eyeless said , glad to see ya Here agiin Bubba

·
Registered
25 Posts
Before I bought my 9 I was sold on a HD Rocker C. I loved that bike so much I wouldn't even sit on it on the showroom for fear I would pull the trigger. Then I asked the price. $22,000? At first I was like, well, it's a Harley...then I began doing research. My buddy told me to check out the 9...end of story. Brand new half the price with MORE mystique then the Harley.

Game over...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts